Raise over Limpers

• 6 replies
    • VipKen
      VipKen
      Bronze
      Yeah, with raise over limpers you can raise with 98s if someone has limped before you.

Raise over Limpers is an addition to the MSS strategy to get some more profit out of limpers. If you don't feel good with it, just keep using the standard SHC.

Be aware that you can get some difficult spots on the flop.

I like to use it and it's realy working :s_biggrin:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      This is a more advanced technique, i'd advise having a good post-flop play and some info on your oponents before trying that blindfolded.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I am just starting out with MSS, and that is one of the things I found difficult.
      If I understand it correctly, the raising chart is for open-raising. Is that correct?

However, tonight I raised over limpers on several hands where I held strong cards and the limpers were fairly loose.

Also, there was at least once I did NOT raise -- A9s in the CO, I think in the face of a limper.

I just had a look at HEM, and it appears I folded 6 times where the chart says 3Bet. I'll have to watch that -- seems like I'm missing a few BBs
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      limpers are my pet peeve! I must restrain myself from raising with 72o just to because someone limped! lol jk, kinda.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Akcus
      limpers are my pet peeve! I must restrain myself from raising with 72o just to because someone limped! lol jk, kinda.
      Limpers are the source of all that lovely dead money you take to the bank every week.

Judging by my session today, though, it seems that min-raising is the new limping.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Is that newest version of Equilab? Looks very cool!