$10K to the titan pockets

• Manero16
      Manero16
      Basic
      Hi,

I am here to alert you guys about the Titan procedures in live tournaments qualifiers.

I qualified to WSOP ME 2011 in the Titan $535 buy in super satellite, but with my regret I could not travel to Las Vegas.
      When i was at the airport to check in I started to feel ill with chest pains and breathing difficulties, where the host would not let me board and advised me to go to hospital for observation.
      I was devastated by this situation since it is my dream to go play the WSOP.
      I contacted Titan the next day and explained the situation and enclosed the medical evidence, the ticket plane and the ESTA application to enter USA, for them to refund me the buy in of the tournament, let me play in the next year or a similar live event, or even tokens to they majors.
      The first contact I had from them was on the phone where they told me they will figure out some kind of bonus. After 3/4 days with no answer I contacted them again by email where they answer me they would not refund me at all, because of their terms and conditions:
      “*The first prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash. You must play or forfeit the seat.
      *The hotel package is non-refundable and cannot be converted to cash.
      By playing or winning the WSOP Side Events super satellite you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Las Vegas (Nevada, U.S.A) in order to play at the WSOP Side Events (Event #48 and Event #54). This includes any and all documents required for travel to the destination.
      winning players will represent the card room they come from.
      ***Entrants must be at least 21 years of age.”
      I did understand why they wanted to buy time and I can explain this later.
      After that I sent them an email asking them why they paid a $12.5K package to a portuguese player who qualified in a freeroll and didn’t want to play in 2007, until now I have no answer

[Links removed due to affiliate links, but we understand the point you are making- EagleStar88]

I guess I am not a high roller, but its great to know that if you pay a $535 satellite and you have a health problem you got ZERO, but if you qualified in a freeroll and don’t want to play you got the money package. What is the terms and conditions here??? It’s the way you look?? Or how much money you spend in the site?? (I have nothing against this player, hes a great guy and a great player, my problem its only against Titan policy)
      I also asked them why on June 26 this year i played the 200K Gtd when in their page was on a promotion in which all the players who would not reach ITM would play a 5K Gtd tournament.
      When I finished the 200K Gtd tournament out of ITM, i searched for the 5K tournament which was not in the lobby.
      I contacted the support where they explained me that the promotion in question was over, but they did not take that promotion page from the site at time.
      Since it was Titan failure, at the time they decided to ignore their own terms and conditions and in order to compensate me they gave me a token for another tournament of low value.
      I guess the terms and conditions are only valid for they own benefit.

In short:
      If you are not a high roller or have some conections in Titan I advise to not play for live events there, because if you have any problem until the event day you will get ZERO. If you are a high roller or have conections in Titan you can play there, they will pay you the all package.
  • 8 replies
    • TheCozlol
      TheCozlol
      Bronze
      Thats a real shame.

I know its in thier TandC's to protect themselves but they should realise what a horrible move for thier PR this is.

At the very least they should give you back the $525.

I've never really liked titan, but this cemented it.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      rant end
    • IsildurXXX
      IsildurXXX
      Basic
      I must say this SUX BAAD!!!!!You have sent them proof and medical statements and now they won't payout the buyin even if they seems to do that sometimes to, so called HIGH ROLLERS(OR FRIENDS?)!I was on my way to register on Titan and play large volume of cg's and satellites because I like the structure but after this,NO WAY if they decide to make a difference between players!

Titan Poker,,,Do The Right thing and PAY OUT THIS GUY.I have heard you have sent him emails saying you shall give him a deal out of this and then you ignore him for days + now you don't even offer him the buyin back from that satellite he played to get a WSOP seat ($535)!No decent recalls from his questons!Just standard emails saying we follow the terms!Sure you do!You don't follow your own terms and you forget or mislead players when some promotions don't even exist anylonger when they have been involved!I would like to know why you give that other player the buyin back($10K) when he decided not to play in WSOP?!

TITAN POKER - MY ADVISE - DO THE RIGHT THING NOW!PAY THE MAN HIS MONEY OR ATLEAST, GIVE HIM A SMILIAR BUYIN IN EUROPE OR $T DOLLARS TO PLAY ON YOUR SITE!THEN YOU EARN THE FEES FROM EACH MTT!

So,now you DECIDED TO KEEP the 10,000 Dollars instead of him doing a No Show in Vegas and letting the 10K go to the WSOP Pricepool!If he do a No Show in Vegas and just leave it,then the money would go to the pricepool,now you keep them!??That is disrespectful and arrogant when he tried to do the right thing after being really sick at the airport!If this isn't solved in a proper and decent way real soon,then my advice to other players is= STAY AWAY FROM GREEDY BEHAVIOURS AND SITES LIKE THIS!

My 2 cents to the post IsildurXXX
    • mervyn123
      mervyn123
      Bronze
      dude seriously i feel for you it sucks.

but y r u relating to 2007 that was 4 years ago. The way poker has grown in last 4 years is like a lifetime. Fulltilt was a mega poker company unlike Titan and it fell in one day.

I've seen that you have posted this on a number of forums and somewhere was mentioned that you have a fear for flying and that u get anxiety in airports.

If this is the case, y didn't u hop on a cruise to the States. If my ultimate dream was to play in the Main Event and I had a free ticket to it, I would make it happen even if i was dying.

I really feel sorry for you but they do state it in their terms.

There's nothing you can do about it.

It's like a bad beat, you can cry all you want nothing is gonna change.

Everything happens for a reason
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear you missed your dream. I too have missed live events I've already qualified for due to health reasons.
      Unfortunately you just have to put this down to experience. Like oversleeping and logging on too late for an online event (which I've also done many times too :( ).

Poker rooms will have already paid out for the event, hotel etc which are generally non-refundable to themselves too, so it's not a case that they just pocketed your prize money. This is why they have to state as such in the T&C's, because they too are unable to recover the expenses they have already incurred themselves.

At the end of the day however, your health must come first, you can always do Vegas another day.

Wishing you better health and luck in the future.

Bart
    • Manero16
      Manero16
      Basic
      Originally posted by mervyn123
      but y r u relating to 2007 that was 4 years ago. The way poker has grown in last 4 years is like a lifetime. Fulltilt was a mega poker company unlike Titan and it fell in one day.
      Yes it was 4 years ago but the T&C were exactly the same. I have been talking around and i have a friend who played that year and guaranteed me that.

I've seen that you have posted this on a number of forums and somewhere was mentioned that you have a fear for flying and that u get anxiety in airports.
      Really?? can you tell me where did you see that?? And whats that have to do with it?

I would make it happen even if i was dying.
      Thats good for you m8, but i rather be alive that anything else

I really feel sorry for you but they do state it in their terms.
      Too bad they only use those terms in their own benefict, i guess you did not read all my post

There's nothing you can do about it.
      Probably not, but at least i can advice all the players what they can expect from Titan. All the sites poker live from them players, you know that dont you?
    • Manero16
      Manero16
      Basic
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Poker rooms will have already paid out for the event, hotel etc which are generally non-refundable to themselves too, so it's not a case that they just pocketed your prize money. This is why they have to state as such in the T&C's, because they too are unable to recover the expenses they have already incurred themselves.
      Bart
      Thats a $13K package. The WSOP confirm me that they sent back to Titan the $10K buy in, and you think that they are not pocketed the money???
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello my friend.

This is something that you should take up with Titan directly and work with them in a calm, polite & constructive manner.

It's good to see you join PokerStrategy.com, we have a tremendous amount of educational material, Community events and friendly members here that you can benefit from and I genuinely hope that you will become an active member here.

I am however concerned that you make you are turning your first posts in this community into a vendetta against one of our partner sites on a matter that is unconnected to us and cannot be either verified by us or resolved here in the forum.

In addition, I don't feel that spamming the same material across many different poker forums will actually help your case. If anything it will only go against you so I will close this thread before it gets out of hand.

Moderators do not block free speech (which is why I'm leaving your thread visible in the forum), we are here to help members not hinder them and closing a thread is always the last resort.
      It is however my opinion that you have joined this forum solely to further spread your campaign against this poker room. I sincerely hope that I am wrong and that you will become an active and valued community member, contributing to other discussions in our friendly forum.

Best regards,

Bart