This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 mss 88 oesd

• JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $5,52
      Hero:
      $1,8

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8:spade: , 8:club:
      UTG1 calls $0,04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,38) 9:spade: , 7:heart: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero ?

Hello.

Should I just check behind and try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible if I do not hit? Or c-betting flop is better and just give up to a raise? Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • vuckom1
      vuckom1
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think you should still bet against a loose/passive player. There are many overcards in his range and also if he calls you can take a free card on the turn with OESD. When he raises he probably has you beat.
      Against a tight player who limp/calls it would be probably better to check behind and play for pot control.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey John,

Just valuebet on your limit, it makes no sense to give away a free card and apply BSS concepts like showdown value

Best regards,
      Gerv