[NL2-NL10] nl4 mss AQo vs calling station

• JohnDoe1313
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , Q:spade:
      MP1 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) T:heart: , 5:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,46) K:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,46) J:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,12, Hero calls $0,12.

Final Pot: $0,70

Hey :)

I did not c-bet because I do not think my opponent would fold anyway. Same on turn. River gets pretty tricky - is MP1 betting for value with made flush or two pairs or bluffing? Still, fold is too weak imo. I have called for pot control. Was that right or I have missed some value? Thx
  • 2 replies
    • lynius
      I can appreciate not c betting the flop, I was discussing the vs calling station situation the other day. One consideration I was presented with is that the c bet can be for value as villain will call with much worse than A high. I personally would have at least c bet the turn (may not if he's a donk check raising - though without much of a read I would c-bet.

Is be interested to see what a judge says.
    • burek2000
      Hey JohnDoe,

Flop and turn are well played by checking behind. Villain is so passive he will close to never try to bluff you, so you can get to cheap showdown most of the time by checking down the hand with SD value.

I am not a fan of c-betting for value against such a villain, especially not turn. He will be less inclined to call random spews/draws when the K as a scarecard arrives. Therefore if we want to c-bet for value we should do it on the flop, but I still think there will be more pair+ hands than draws/overcards in his calling range thus I find c-bet -EV considering he let's us see cheap showdown and draw to overcards.

On the river, though it's an easy raise. This villain is capable of calling a raise with wide range of worse hands.

Best regards,