No Bankroll Management

• Tr3LoS
      Tr3LoS
      Bronze
      Well hello,

I have been playing for some time in 0.01/0.02 Ring NL and I was going really bad. Everyday lossing ~1-3$.. I decided to go up and see the play. So with a bankroll of just ~22$ I gone to 0.05/0.10 Ring NL and have made back 50$ in 2 days. Should I continue to play at 0.05/0.10 Ring NL as I get more profit from it? I don't understand why I lose so much in 0.01/0.02 and gain more from 0.05/0.10 instead of losing. I am following the BSS.
  • 3 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Tr3LoS,

I won't go into telling you the obvious dangers of what you did by moving up with your whole bankroll, but I am happy that it paid off.

I would suggest moving back down. How many hands did you play? I am suspecting it was a low amount, havign a challenge that there is something you possibly cant beat at the moment should be inspiring and challenging now scary or defeating.

The game is definitely beatable and I am sure you CAN beat it. Set yourself a goal os 2bb/100 winrate over the next 20,000 hands and if you need to keep the motivation, make a blog and I will personally every day come in and make sure you havn't moved up. Furthermore post hands in the hand evaluation section and I will have a look at them all and give as much feedback as I can.

We want you to succeed, I want you to succeed, all that is left now is for you to make sure that you succeed.

You can do it!
    • Tr3LoS
      Tr3LoS
      Bronze
      I will move down to NL2 and work my way up to 100$ so I can move to NL4. I should post hands more frequently from now on. At least I am happy that I have a good bankroll to start again with NL2 and dont risk to lose it all at NL10. Thanks for this motivation speech :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Delighted to hear, promise to follow progress.