Stars rakeback and bonuses

• SR1337
      SR1337
      Bronze
      Hello!

I was thinking about moving to Stars so I wanted to ask some questions...

Are there any rakeback offers, can I get rakeback through some affiliate?
      Or any bonuses when joining etc.

Thanks in advance!
  • 11 replies
    • livelydolphin
      livelydolphin
      Bronze
      Nope stars have no rakeback unfortunately. However, there's a first deposit bonus which is really good. Once a while they also have reload bonus. Check out the poker room or pokerstars website for more details!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi SR1337,

@dolphin, thanks for the answer :)

Here is the link to the 100% up to $600 first deposit bonus details.

Ingrid
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by livelydolphin
      Nope stars have no rakeback unfortunately. However, there's a first deposit bonus which is really good. Once a while they also have reload bonus. Check out the poker room or pokerstars website for more details!

Just to complete this answer, Pokerstars do not offer rakeback directly, they have cashback though, in the form of cashbonuses and tournament tickets. Obviously the higher your VIP level, the more you'd get in return.

All information can be found on http://www.fpppro.com.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Although alot of people "sigh" over the fact they don't get fixed rakeback on Stars, it is important to know that you pay less rake on Stars than most sites.

If you are paying 10% more rake on one site than Stars but getting 10% more effective rakeback (or cashback) then ofc it is the same thing. Also focusing too much on rakeback is a bad idea, you should focus on how to increase your win rate as much as possible. Of course rakeback/loyalty bonuses are one way, but weakness of opposition/games available/software are equally important when doing your win rate calculations.

For example. There may be a network called PokerTotal.

My requirements are that I want to be able to play 10 tables of $1/$2 against weak opponents and get $30% rakeback minimum.

1) They have $1/$2 - Fantastic!

2) They are giving me 50% rakeback WOW!

3) The opponents are terrible Where do I sign?????

4) There are only 2 tables running - I'm a grinder... get me outttttttttta here
      Hope this explains things a little better.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello!

To kind of help along what Pleno1 said here, and I'm truly sorry that it's such a huge post, there's a "rake comparison" post in the "General Poker Discussion" forum which can be found here.

If you scroll down to the bottom(and if you wish to make a personal assessment, feel free to compare everything manually), you can see that for lowest rake on micro stakes, Pokerstars is tied for lowest rake.

Not sure what you'll be playing, but this should cover it pretty well.

Regards,
      Richard
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SR1337
      Hello!

Thanks in advance!
      Hi SR1337,

To answer the question about affiliates; there are no affiliate extras allowed by PokerStars.

Essentially the combination of First Deposit bonus and access to Videos/Coaching/Hand Evaluations/Events/Special Promotions by earning StrategyPoints through PokerStrategy while being part of the PokerStars Loyalty program is the best combination out there.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Originally posted by SR1337
      Hello!

Thanks in advance!
      Hi SR1337,

To answer the question about affiliates; there are no affiliate extras allowed by PokerStars.

Essentially the combination of First Deposit bonus and access to Videos/Coaching/Hand Evaluations/Events/Special Promotions by earning StrategyPoints through PokerStrategy while being part of the PokerStars Loyalty program is the best combination out there.

Best regards
      SoyCD
      SoyCD?????? :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I've asked him to come visit and he was nice enough to pop by :D
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Don't want to create new thread, could someone give me more information about PS Battle of the Planets? Only thing I play at PS is 1.5$ or 7$ hyper-turbo tables, I wonder what tactics should be used to have a shot at that promotion bonuses of my level? Is it simply - more times play = more points = better finish in standings?
    • madison79
      madison79
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

Couldn't you have just googled it? :)
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madison79
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

Couldn't you have just googled it? :)
      I've read it, not sure how I missed part about low orbit calculations first time. Sorry about that.

But I also wanted to ask about 6max tables, is it possible to score good playing those tables?

Okay, silly me, there is a board different to what I saw yesterday on some other page. I can see how much points you can get from 6man tables. Thanks... anyways? :D