[NL2-NL10] 2NL - AA in BB - 2 callers

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      1st hand on table, so zero info on villains.

Nitty fold? I just didn't feel right about committing the stack on my first hand, especially with UTG+2 still to act.

Once SB left the table after a few orbits, his stats were 31/0/AF=0.3 in 42 hands. I saw no other donks from him.

I'm 99% sure it's a disciplined fold with this info after the event :D , but considering it's the first hand at the table, what would you do?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.98)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($4.40)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($2.05)
      CO ($0.89)
      BTN ($1.06)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.14, fold, SB calls $0.14

FLOP ($0.52) 8:spade: 7:club: 2:diamond:

SB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26, UTG+2 calls $0.26

TURN ($1.30) 8:spade: 7:club: 2:diamond: 3:diamond:

SB bets $0.65, Hero folds, UTG+2 folds

SB wins $1.20
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Most likely against very passive opponent I do like the idea of folding while even having UTG behind us who can easily even trapping. Or of course it's the possibility that even SB traps. Safest play overall. :)

Problem is if we Call the turn then we will be pretty much committed on river as well.

Best regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello philhellmutt,

Most likely against very passive opponent I do like the idea of folding while even having UTG behind us who can easily even trapping. Or of course it's the possibility that even SB traps. Safest play overall. :)

Problem is if we Call the turn then we will be pretty much committed on river as well.
      Best regards.
      That's exactly what I was thinking - making folds like this has improved my winrate in a big way. Learning to let go of AA/KK/QQ was one of my biggest issues before, but since coming back to poker last week I think I've solved it... playing more tables... :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's very good to hear. For a lot it's the leak that they are overplaying overpairs on very dry boards. :) Keep going the good work!