This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL - AA in BB - 2 callers

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      1st hand on table, so zero info on villains.

Nitty fold? I just didn't feel right about committing the stack on my first hand, especially with UTG+2 still to act.

Once SB left the table after a few orbits, his stats were 31/0/AF=0.3 in 42 hands. I saw no other donks from him.

I'm 99% sure it's a disciplined fold with this info after the event :D , but considering it's the first hand at the table, what would you do?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.98)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($4.40)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($2.05)
      CO ($0.89)
      BTN ($1.06)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.14, fold, SB calls $0.14

FLOP ($0.52) 8:spade: 7:club: 2:diamond:

SB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26, UTG+2 calls $0.26

TURN ($1.30) 8:spade: 7:club: 2:diamond: 3:diamond:

SB bets $0.65, Hero folds, UTG+2 folds

SB wins $1.20
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Most likely against very passive opponent I do like the idea of folding while even having UTG behind us who can easily even trapping. Or of course it's the possibility that even SB traps. Safest play overall. :)

Problem is if we Call the turn then we will be pretty much committed on river as well.

Best regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello philhellmutt,

Most likely against very passive opponent I do like the idea of folding while even having UTG behind us who can easily even trapping. Or of course it's the possibility that even SB traps. Safest play overall. :)

Problem is if we Call the turn then we will be pretty much committed on river as well.
      Best regards.
      That's exactly what I was thinking - making folds like this has improved my winrate in a big way. Learning to let go of AA/KK/QQ was one of my biggest issues before, but since coming back to poker last week I think I've solved it... playing more tables... :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's very good to hear. For a lot it's the leak that they are overplaying overpairs on very dry boards. :) Keep going the good work!