Are you willing to go broke with Two Pair when Flush is possible?

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Okay, so I've been losing a lot of money lately on things like that. Are you willing to go broke with Two Pair where flush is possible?

I am, I mean at low stakes it's funny what people might be willing to go to showdown with, two pair is obviously huge in strength...
  • 14 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi mate

Again this is very situation specific. 2 pair is an absolute hand strength so it really depends of the betting pattern on the 3 streets, the opponent type, the betting size etc :)

if you could put a template on how to play poker given a generic situation and make money for sure poker would be an easy game :) . The difficulty in it is that there are so many parameters to take into consideration and that is what will give you an edge on others.

;)

Thazar
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      you are playing at pokerstars.. right?
      How do I know? :s_cool:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Mostly no (even when flush is not possible), twopair is far from being the absolute nuts.
      Still very opponent dependant though and also on what you play (FR, SH, ...)
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I am, always.
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Well, thanks guys.. Ok, I'll try to stay away from doing so..

thazar, I know you hate me when I ask those general questions about poker lol, but the thing is when you're multitabling without HUD, stake NL4 you're mostly playing ABC poker with general decision, which may not be the most +EV, but they are +EV against those weak players and you can make money over large sample size.. I'm sure it depends on many factors.. ;)

But when I look into retrospective I can remember so many situation where I had like only a TPTK and villain bets aggresively into me and I say to my self - 'Okay, you're going to regret this very much because certainly he can't be doing this will a pair only', and we both end up all-in by the river and villain shows like 3rd best pair..

So it all depends I guess, and while two pair definatly aren't nuts like you said Tomaloc, I think at micros where usually play all kind of trash, they are super strong..

Best regards,
      -eXtremeACE
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      never
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      you are playing at pokerstars.. right?
      How do I know?

You were referring to me, or thazar?

Best regards,
      -eXtremeACE
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Should we fold 99 on a T high board? please answer yes or no
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Insufficient data, unable to process the request.

Regards,
      Richard
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      So you guys wouldn't play these hands the same like I did?

http://weaktight.com/3777869

http://weaktight.com/3777872
      (perhaps I shouldn't bet the river, but I felt so sad to not take more money off him lol)

http://weaktight.com/3777875
      (not really two pair....but, so you wouldn't do this on flop? because you don't have the nuts...? I mean, you're MOST of the time favourite on flop because he could be chasing a draw, so it's best to end hand there, while you're ahead. I know he had fu-king 44, but you can't put him on that, can you?)

Best regards,
      -eXtremeACE
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just so happens that I'm a mathematical prodigy and chess grand grand master so I have pretty much solved every possible move in poker. Obviously I'm not bragging or anything, actually I'm a pretty humble guy, some people were offering to stake me to play 100k NL on FTP but I just simply refused it because I don't need nor tons of money nor tons of glory.

So anyway, now to answer your questions the answer is... it depends if you are beat or not, if you are beat it's better to fold in my personal and humble opinion.

Regards,
      God Of Poker, Chess and Math too
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      ihufa, how was the preflop been played? Who has the initiative? Do we have position or not? Are there draws or straights possibles on flop?

Best regards,
      -eXtremeACE
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      ihufa, how was the preflop been played? Who has the initiative? Do we have position or not? Are there draws or straights possibles on flop?

Best regards,
      -eXtremeACE
      These questions may seem to be important to inexperienced eye, but honestly... dude plz.. the only important question is if you are beat or not.. And don't argue with me because I have solved poker.

Most humbly yours,
      God of Poker, Chess and Math too
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      yes :s_cool: (but not always) :D ...if you play rationaly you know when you are beaten..