Matt vs HUsngs [Goal no.1: FOCUS]

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hello all and welcome, been considering starting a blog for a while and I think now is the time since I had my (small) BR on full tilt (and apparently it's time to move on and start over).

My name is Matt, 23yrs old, and I'm a uni student. I joined pokerstrategy in Summer '10 but stopped playing because of my studies. I had built a bankroll to more than $200 from my $50 ( :heart: pokerstategy :D ) in a couple of weeks (luckbox!) so I was optimistic.

I love sit n gos and that's the game I'm studying. As I said, I am starting over: both in bankroll and knowledge. I have started reading everything all over again. I've studied basic :f_biggrin: and bronze articles. I am playing the lowest stake sngs.

Edit: Playing a lot of HU atm.

My goals at the moment are about learning and settling into a learner's lifestyle. No monetary goals and no specific amount of sng's to aim for although I would like to get to Gold status.

Apart from the game being fun, my motivation for this is that after uni I will need to have saved up some money. I'm not aiming for any amount in particular, anything will help :f_grin: and it's too soon anyway to set up those kinds of goals.

Thanks for reading, and I hope a couple of people find this interesting

Matt
      :club: :diamond: :heart: :spade:
  • 278 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Blog section! (where the cool kids are hiding :s_cool: )

I'm really happy to see you finally starting your blog and will be fun to follow!

Good luck
      Ingrid
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Studying is going well. :) Anyone has any tips for multitabling? I can't play more than 3 tables at once unfortunately. :f_cry: I can't imagine how some people play 16 to 24 tables.

I guess it's a matter of practice.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Would you like to put your blog into your signature? :)

Ingrid
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      It's not working!! :f_confused:
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by matel17
      Studying is going well. :) Anyone has any tips for multitabling? I can't play more than 3 tables at once unfortunately. :f_cry: I can't imagine how some people play 16 to 24 tables.

believe me, it is. When I started out multitabling I couldn't follow the action, even when I was on 3 or 4 tables. Just keep playing the number you feel comfortable with, and add one at a time. It might go a bit slower this way volume wise (I believe sng is all about the volume) but it will ensure the best possible transition to more tables.

I'm playing at Pokerstars with some moderate results, I started out 4-tabling, but now I'm 10-tabling without a problem. I must say that adding Tableninja to my sng arsenal was one of the best choices I made in my poker 'career', so that helps to multitable a lot too.

Just keep on learning, that is the most important part of your poker playing at this moment. There's still plenty of time to win big at poker, now you're just aiming for a good understanding of the game (and obv try not to go broke in the process, or there won't be a time where you can win big ;p).

Wishing you all the best!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Try now :)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hoorrayyyy I :heart: you Ingrid :s_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hoorrayyyy I :heart: you Ingrid :s_biggrin:
      hehe, it's nothing to :heart: me for :D our lovely backoffice system does the magic :s_cool:

enjoy :]
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii

believe me, it is. When I started out multitabling I couldn't follow the action, even when I was on 3 or 4 tables. Just keep playing the number you feel comfortable with, and add one at a time. It might go a bit slower this way volume wise (I believe sng is all about the volume) but it will ensure the best possible transition to more tables.

I'm playing at Pokerstars with some moderate results, I started out 4-tabling, but now I'm 10-tabling without a problem. I must say that adding Tableninja to my sng arsenal was one of the best choices I made in my poker 'career', so that helps to multitable a lot too.

Just keep on learning, that is the most important part of your poker playing at this moment. There's still plenty of time to win big at poker, now you're just aiming for a good understanding of the game (and obv try not to go broke in the process, or there won't be a time where you can win big ;p).

Wishing you all the best!
      Cheers Nivekii

Edit: How long did take you? (to get to 10 tables that is)
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Pretty quick actually, but like I said, Tableninja makes multitabling so much easier. i went from 4 -> 6 -> 9 -> 10 in about a week or 6.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I'm In :P
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      I'm In :P
      sssuppp rooo? :p
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Wooohoooo!! Bankroll just made it into 3 digits in exactly 110 6max games. Good start to August:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ROI: 20%

And I can finally apply better and safer BRM. See ya.. Off for a walk :f_p:

Does anyone know why picture doesn't show? :f_confused:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Wooohoooo!! Bankroll just made it into 3 digits in exactly 110 6max games. Good start to August:

ROI: 20%

And I can finally apply better and safer BRM. See ya.. Off for a walk :f_p:

Does anyone know why picture doesn't show? :f_confused:

Hey good work :P
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      So from $30 my br now stands at a proud :f_biggrin: $112

BUT since I've done so well in a relatively short time, I'm now scared of a downswing or something and I probably won't play my best!

Any tips??
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi matt, fixed your image for you (little tip: in imageshack, choose the link under embed image which says "forum" then just simply paste it into the text box. no need to click the "insert image" button here)

also, i wanted to commend you on your goals. i think they are great! a recipe for success. :D but you are sliding a little bit. what happened to no monetary goals? downswings are gonna happen inevitably. try not to focus on it, but on learning and improving and accomplishing your goals :)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      hi matt, fixed your image for you (little tip: in imageshack, choose the link under embed image which says "forum" then just simply paste it into the text box. no need to click the "insert image" button here)

also, i wanted to commend you on your goals. i think they are great! a recipe for success. :D but you are sliding a little bit. what happened to no monetary goals? downswings are gonna happen inevitably. try not to focus on it, but on learning and improving and accomplishing your goals :)
      thanks for the tip :D and for the insight. You're right actually. Although I'm not focusing on getting to a particular $BR, the thought of having won something makes me possessive of it and don't want to lose it. But of course this shouldn't matter. So before I play a session tonight I'll keep this in mind:

I'm learning to play and playing to learn.

:s_cool:
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      runnnnninngggg hoooooooooooooooooooooooooottttt :s_biggrin:
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Still on Everest? Any traffic there for higher limits? :)