For Lack of a Better Name: 2013-2014 - A new Journey!

• fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      So hi, I`m just another guy who loves poker and knows he can be (much) better at it!

This blog will be about me trying to learn as much as possible, going up in stakes and most important of all: Be the best I can! :heart:

As you can see I don't even bother with a proper intro or somth interesting about myself because thats not important.. what is important is the fact that this blog will (hopefully) make me -less- lazy :D and really hope to make some friends in the process.[Maybe I'm gonna update it a bit when I feel to]

OK...My plan:

I don't have one... :f_mad:

Only some little ideas and thoughts.I`ve been playing a lot of poker (cash-fr,sh-,sng,hu etc.) and I think that the best idea is to play what I`ve seen works or worked for me and thats -- 20-24 tabling -- FR on Stars maybe even some SH with a max of 9 tables...Will see!

Goals:

:spade: Try and reduce variance by playing as straight forward as possible (easy to say)

:spade: Study nanonoko's game or some sick multy-tabler

:spade: Hopfully finding a buddy or several buddys to sweat and discuss with

:spade: Do a general review of my game once a week and post it here

I have a BRAIN, a lot of TIME and the Pokerstrategy Community ... all I need to do is work HARD... and if I don't work and don't succeed... the fault is only mine!
  • 22 replies
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Nice blog, I'll be following it, you're playing NL2 right? Let me know if you want to sweat sometime :D
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Ohh man sry I didn't responded...I was to busy being lazy :D ..yeah of course we could sweat!
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      UPDATE:

Ok, so I`ve been playing lately a lot of cash 20-24 tableing nl5...and its been a rollercoster till' now but I`ve beat nl5 a lot of times so I just need a LOT of Discipline!!

1. MTT'Z ARE THE FUTURE!

I`ve been reading for a while in the "Successes" section and I bumped into this guy here :D (Semesa) -> From BE player to 35k.I think the dude is awesome and yeah indeed I thing MTT's are the way to make the fastest BR and only after having a decent BR to play cash -> at a decent stake.

So I thougt I should make a system to get faster where I want -> High Stakes Baby! :f_biggrin:

2. CHALLENGE!

First step - cash - nl5 - till' $400

I`ll keep grinding NL5, cash, playing 24 tables mostly until I get to $400.
      Today I average somewhere at 4-5h / day but my goal is a minim of 8h/day maybe more.
      So the main ideea is a LOT of grind(hours) and as I seen at these stakes all I need is a strong discipline and I`m good, folding KK pre when I know I`m beat, not c-betting a tone, and folding to c/r on turns :s_mad:

End date: 15 Aug

Second step - MTT - 45/90/180 man - Stakes: 1.5/2.5

I don't know a lot of things about them..just what I`ve seen and read on Semesa.I'll update the mtt part of the challenge once I get there...

:heart: So yeah, that all for now!C'ya guys! :D
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Keep it up bro!gl with the challange!
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Report: 06 Aug

Today I played 6 hours ... getting close to the 8-10 h goal, besides that it didn't went that well pshychologically speaking, got in a tilty state at the end so I had to stop but still +1BI

Hands played: 6667

I'm making somewhere at 170 vpp/6h my target is 250 so I would need to play like 9h - 25 tabling.

**And as a side note I thought of a system ... as to not get 'that' tilted again by not looking at flips and at the br for 2h at a time...for starters.I'll try to do that...we'll see with what result.
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Got to try the thing with not looking at my br... :f_confused:
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Good luck man...tell me if it has any results! :D

Neaahh :s_mad: ....today I didn't play any..cracked my head all day trying to jailbreak an iPhone 3g to ios 4.2.1 :D ..had a ton of problems and spent tooooo much time on it..buut I finally did it!...so today no poker, I really hope tomorow I'll get cranking :heart:
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Some day...

Back again! :D ...aaaaaand ... I failed! Yeah it didn't go well with my challenge and I think admitting that I lost is ,in some ways, good..

But I got some focus along the way, I have a better idea of what I want to do with my poker life... so yeah..life goes on.

Challenge 1 - Failed!

Played a lot of FR NL5, as I was saying in DannyG13's blog, the nittines of fr at micro(on Stars) after" Black Friday" is just sickening ... after somewhat 20k hands..I just couldn't take it any more so I switched to MTT's 45 man and some 180 mans with not a lot of bi's...and the result obviously was that I lost some more $...

After that I tried some Sh and it seems that its 10x more fishy than fr so I guess I`m gonna stick to that.

No more Wall-E...

Anyways no more 24 tabling I`m now playing 9 tables of sh nl5 and the objective right now is to learn as much as possible not that robot style any more...

Being crushed so many times just made me think...why m I playing this game?

Yeah for money...for sure...but after 2-3 years of grinding I don't think I want that much to Only make money, I want to be the best! and if I want that I just can't do it by munching away 24 tables robo-style.I want to reach high-stakes, however lame that will sound, but yeah..I think thats what I really want...to something GOOD!

I only have so much time to do this and I`m not willing to kick it by me so I MUST give 100% of what I have to it!I have to! or else I`ll have a boss soon :s_o: :D

Semi-Plan:

:diamond: Issue a Challenge every week. - thats for keeping me in touch with my progress and giving me purpose to learn and not focus on the money side so much.
      :diamond: I'm going to read Bhaluga Whale's book of 6 max and keep it as a map for my games
      :diamond: Post here interesting ideas and things that I find after reading and applying it to my game
      :diamond: Focus a lot on RANGES! - what is his calling range?what is his betting range etc...
      :diamond: I have to be more active on this community such a shame I`m not using it fully - good members, good info .. it would be a waste if I wouldn't use it as I should

Over and out

So yeah really really really hope..it works this time...

GL guys!And please if u have somth to share pls pls I`m here .. we can talk, discuss etc :D
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Hey mate, wise choice in switching to SH, hope it works out for ya. If I have any sort of advice for you though, from personal experience, it's these two things:

- If you're pretty new to SH, I wouldn't jump in straight away 9 tabling. The game plays a lot different to FR, and I wouldn't play more then 4-6 until you're very, very comfortable with your game. Improving and higher winrate is more important than number of hands, right?

- Switch to a European site. As much as you probably like the software on Stars, it's just so reg-infested even at NL5, sooo many more fish on Euro sites. The huge increase in fish and terrible regs more than make up for the not as good software.

gl
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      tx mate for the reply! :D

Yeah I think I have some exp at the sh ..have played like 50k-70k this year at nl5 sh ... but indeed its really not a bad idea to cut it to 6 tables.. I`ll see about that in 2-3 days max

And about the euro sites ... as I told u, I wanted to switch to 888 for a long time now...but I think, from what I've seen nl5 on stars its quite ok for now... or at least until I grab the 50$ stellar reward and finish my fd deposit. If its gonna make me sick again I'll switch for sure! :f_biggrin:

Gl mate!
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Challenge no. 2! : $100 to $500 in 10 Days!

Hello guys!Wazz up?

Been some time, didn't play for a while, I've been thinking the last days what to do to get myself interested into poker again - > a challenge of course! :D

Starting BR: $100

Limit: nl5 sh

Tables: 6

Period: 03 - 13 (5 AM) Sept.

Hours/day: 8-10 h :f_eek:

Study time:
      2-3 h/day

Its actually not that hard ( I think ) cuz` I only need $250 in profit the rest will be bonuses ($150) for a grand total of $500.

So yeah...wish me luck...and I`m gonna update daily on this.Hope at least I improve my game a bit, I wish to play only 6 tables - maybe max 9...

I'll get back with graphs and stuff! :D

Off to grind :heart:
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Forgot to put the starting BR pic :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Challenge no 2 - Day 1 & 2

After some decent time of not playing poker I started directly with a challenge...so I should've expected some hard times coming.

My first day was a disaster, didn't really knew what was the problem until it was to late...yep..TILT..big time..oh well, here's the graph:

Day 1

In my 2nd day I kinda continued the hell that was the day before, but found something interesting that I didn't knew...Breaks..I started to take a short break after every stupid play or annoying bad beat...and it kinda worked! :D :heart:

Day 2

Got from - $31 to + $12 so that means that a $40/day 'upswing' :heart: is very possible at nl5 if I play my A-Game ... hopefully I'll manage even more.

In the next update I'll try to put more strategic thoughts,tilt-issues, hands etc...

Stats:

Hands played: 7041

Hours played: 12.58 (avg 6/day - not the 8 minimum/day as I wanted but I'll fix that :s_cool:

BR: $140 (including $50 bonus + $10 fd bonus = -$20 overall)

Updates coming tomorrow! :heart:
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I love your energy - really comes through in your blog.

Good luck with the challenge.
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Gl man!
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Day 3

Today I had a lot of coolers, bad beats etc...running under ev and a bit of tilt ( I guess) in the end...I'll review the last part of my graph tomorrow, here.

I am behind schedule and its quite frustrating to play 9 h and be b/e...BUT..I'm not giving up, I'm gonna review the mistakes made, learn more and keep going forward.

So, the graph...

Stats:

Hands played: 4350

Hours played: 9.36 h

BR: $145 (including $10 fd bonus)

Will see what the future reserves me...

Cya! :heart:
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Hello!

Good to see a multi tabler around. However, At micros, it would be a lot better to play lesser tables instead of going into auto pilot. I used to grind 24 of nl2/5 as well. While its good as a lot of fishies pay u off, you do not improve your game whatsoever.

What a lot of people say is "you should not be attempting to earn a few extra cheeseburgers when you should be improving your gameplay to be a better player and crushing higher limits."

Suggestion: Cut down the number of tables and learn to exploit other players.

Cheers and good luck reaching your goal! =)
    • fatal1tyOne
      fatal1tyOne
      Bronze
      Sorry if I haven't been so clear in my posts, forgot probably to tell u guys, I'm playing 6 tables MAX!. so yeah, tx for the advice summermonkey :D but I'm no longer playing robo-style (wrote that in a previous post).
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Sounds good! I wish u all the best! Continue learning and loving the game! Hopefully we would see each other at higher limits! =) )