[NL2-NL10] NL 10 FR BB J4 set extract value?

• giliNL
      I know it seems an odd hand to be calling with, but there was some pretty aggro play and I was calling my blinds every so often to defend. Figured that I was being priced in quite nicely with a small bet and two calls so I completed.

Hand is obviously very disguised. I make a very small bet hoping to maybe catch a reraise or at least extract something from the hand if nobody hit anything. I guess I should've protected better against the flush draw? When they just flat I decide to fire a 1/2 pot on the turn. Again now there's a second flush draw so I guess I should've made the raise bigger.

I'm afraid if I check with a view to check-raise that they will be so confused by my strange play by now that they might just check behind.. also not sure if they'd call a bigger bet but all in all it's not great.

Some tips would be appreciated :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, J.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.25) Q, 4, 4 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, BU folds.

Turn: ($2.15) 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.02, MP2 calls $1.02, MP3 calls $1.02.

River: ($5.21) 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.47, MP2 calls $2.47, MP3 calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $12.62.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows two pairs, queens and fours(Q K).
      MP2 shows two pairs, queens and fours(A Q).
      Hero shows three of a kind, fours(4 J).

Hero wins with three of a kind, fours(4 J).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello giliNL,

Preflop: Very easy fold preflop. You ain't playing such hands very profitable but rather loosing with them. You can't hit with them much either while if you even hit your TP you will never know where you stand with it. Plus of course even the flush wont be the highest one.

As played
      Postflop: I'd definitely bet it bigger on every street rather make it those sizing as you did. You just gave them good odds for a Call. Also it's by the way trips not set. Set is when you hit a card on flop with your PP.

Best regards.