Poker Tools

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Hi everybody :P

I am playing at partypoker. I made here 330$ (all bonuses cleared). The Game in the "Beginners" is "relatively" easy but on regular tables i am liiiiiitle underdog. I want make some progress so now i am asking my first question..

what Tools do I have to use. Sometimes i calculate the hands probability but thats all. What Programs/Tools are helfull and how to use them in the best way.
  • 10 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Pokertrasker/pokerace
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      PokerAce is futile up to NL100 I'd say. If you use it before then, you won't be as good as without. If you find the games too tough, then post hands, go to coachings etc AND use table selection. that's the most important imo.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      what do you mean with "Table Selection" on partypoker you have only 2 table informations (besides number of players) and thats AVG POT and HANDS PER HOUR.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      well you can use that (biggest avg pot and lowest hands per hour usually indicate fish) but that's not really reliable... try SpadeEye or Gambler's Little Helper (the latter can be found on the German download page, if you can get it to work (I can't :D ), it's probably very helpful
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      and dodge the shortstackers of course
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      SpadeEye is great, but it is not very useful unless you have a huge database. though it can make things more comfortable, like displaying the number of shortstacks at the table.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      PokerAce is futile up to NL100 I'd say. If you use it before then, you won't be as good as without. If you find the games too tough, then post hands, go to coachings etc AND use table selection. that's the most important imo.
      PokerAce is not futile at ALL before NL100.
      When multitabling, it's an easy tool to spot the huge fish that might have gone a little unnoticed without it. When you see 80/50 in big green letters next to a guys' name, you'll thank pokerACE after the session :D
      The advanced stats are useless maybe, but the main four (VPIP, PFR, AF and WTS) are always a handy addition, even after 50 hands it says enough most of the times.

Add those 70/30 or worse guys to your buddy list, see if they're online next time and wait at their tables. It helps to talk to them in chat (loose guys like to talk) and hint them they lost money to you last time, they'll play even fishier to win it back.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      If there is enough interest I can try to help people interested in getting Gamblers little helper to work. When combined with a large enough database it is really really helpful with table selection. When I first installed it and upgraded my Party Database to around a million hands I was suddenly able to see exactly what table had the Fish and which ones had 100% sharks sitting at them without even playing there.

Its a different world from there on out :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      soycd what limits do you play ?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Just have some translate it isn't possible ?