Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) IPoker
      Hero ($10.71)
      BB ($21.89)
      UTG ($17.47)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($6.82)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, BTN calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) 9:heart: J:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $0.95, BTN calls $0.95

TURN ($3.80) 9:heart: J:club: T:spade: 4:heart:

Hero bets $1.90, BTN raises to $4.97 (AI), Hero calls ???

am i right in saying that i have to call here? Also is my second barrel ok im feeling if i dont barrel it i just get bet off my hand with any 2 cards from him? he is also quite fishy but i dont expect KQ to often be in his range.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Against his stack it's definitely hard to fold as long you went for 3bet. He may as well even sometimes ship there with some draws like A:hK/A:hQ or something similar.

I'd rather consider just Calling preflop and playing it postflop and wouldn't have to go broke here or either even not do the 3bet for value. Or could you explain a bit more about the opponent stats or anything?

Best regards.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      The guy has stats of 36/20/5.0 over a 50 sample. I already have pegged him as a suspect fish. Im fairly sure he has the flush draw on this board as he suddenly bets out with the 4 coming down.
      It all just didnt make sense in my mind the way he played it.

End he flipped over AK.

Would you recommend calling AJ out of pos preflop? i thought it was supposedly best to try and get the initiative?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Wacko118
      The guy has stats of 36/20/5.0 over a 50 sample. I already have pegged him as a suspect fish. Im fairly sure he has the flush draw on this board as he suddenly bets out with the 4 coming down.
      It all just didnt make sense in my mind the way he played it.

End he flipped over AK.

Would you recommend calling AJ out of pos preflop? i thought it was supposedly best to try and get the initiative?
      Depends really on the opponent. :) But basically against such a wide range you can easily do the 3bet. Against some nits I don't like it that much. Also you can easily even play OOP AJs if you have postflop experience/skills which are enough (for example have some kind of plan on what kind of boards you gonna attack back and etc).