Hi, all!

• B0YNAMEDSUE
      B0YNAMEDSUE
      Basic
      Hello, everyone.

Just joined this site, mainly for the poker forums. Seems like a decent forum. Not too big (like 2+2, where every thread has 50+ pages to read), but big enough to get some decent conversations going.

I used to be quite active on the Full Tilt Poker forums. That forum is down....for now (come back, one time!). Hopefully I'm not the only Full Tilt Poker forum refugee here.

I've been playing much less poker since BF (fuck the US gov't!). I'm Canadian, so BF hasn't affected me as much as the US players, but it has still affected me. Lots of friends can't play anymore, and that has me bummed.

I've been playing again the last couple of days. I've started 16-tabling the penny tables on Stars. I think I'm best at tournaments, but I don't have the large chunks of time to grind tourneys. It's ever harder now that tourney times start much earlier than they did pre-BF.

Anyhoo, it's been a long day, and I am pooped. Looking forward to being a part of your forums.
  • 14 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi BOYNAMEDSUE,

Welcome to the wonderful English Community forum here at PokerStrategy.com

It's great to have you here and hope you become a permanent fixture in this community.

We have lots of Canadian members here and I am sure you will make lots of new friends from all over the world in this forum.

Have you passed our quiz yet? If so, what site have you chosen for your starting capital?

I wish you the best of luck,

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi B0YNAMEDSUE ,

Big welcome to our community, as Gary mentioned it, we have many Canadian members and I'm sure you'll find your spot soon!

I've checked your account and noticed that your registration with us is incomplete. Therefore, please click on the link below to enter your personal details. Once you have done this we will then be able to verify your account and start the transfer of your free $50 starting capital.

Complete Your Registration Here

Have you decided in which poker room should you request the free $50 and start printing those $$$? :D

Let us know if you need further help!
      Ingrid
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi there!

are you really named sue? just curious. :) anyway, im so happy to see you joining us. it's really a wonderful community and i hope you will quickly feel at home here. :)

if you will indulge me, i have a question :) . you mentioned earlier that you used to be part of the fulltilt forums... what is your biggest reason for wanting to be part of a poker forum? is it the strategy talk? or the camaraderie? or someone to whine with during downswings? :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Hiya BOYNAMEDSUE

Welcome to the community im curious to is your name really sue?

Best regards
      Matt
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RubyWesson
      Hiya BOYNAMEDSUE

Welcome to the community im curious to is your name really sue?

Best regards
      Matt
      I think "A boy named Sue" was a Johnny Cash song if I remember correctly? We may have a Johnny Cash fan in our midst :)

Otherwise I could be totally wrong and hopefully our OP will come back to tell us :tongue:

Regards,
      Gary
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      I think "A boy named Sue" was a Johnny Cash song if I remember correctly? We may have a Johnny Cash fan in our midst :)
      Regards,
      Gary
      That's what I thought, atleast!

I guess we're all eagerly awaiting the answer. :)

Regards,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Regards,
      Gary
      That's what I thought, atleast!

I guess we're all eagerly awaiting the answer. :)

Regards,
      Richard
      +1 :)
    • B0YNAMEDSUE
      B0YNAMEDSUE
      Basic
      My real name isn't Sue. I am a huge Johnny Cash fan. A Boy Named Sue was my favourite Cash tune when I first joined the Full Tilt Poker forums, and that nickname has stuck with me. Most people on my last forum called me BNS, but Sue is okay, too.

To answer purplefizz's question, I frequent poker forums both because I like the camaraderie and I also enjoy talking poker and trying to improve me game. I also enjoy writing, so participating in poker forums makes sense for me.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Well then, surely you'll fit right in here with us!

We're looking forward to seeing you around then. :D

Regards,
      Richard
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there cant believe i just spotted ur name love it :)

Im a bit of a Cash fan too, love folsom prison blues and get rhythm. He was a great story teller lots of love for Johnny Cash :s_love:
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      where in canada are you from?
      ontario here :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :heart: this thread :f_love:
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Your names gathered quite an audience haha welcome mate, what game type do you play?

Matt
    • B0YNAMEDSUE
      B0YNAMEDSUE
      Basic
      Sounds like we have some Johnny Cash fans here. I fell in love with his music about 10 years ago. At the time I first joined Full Tilt Poker and their forums my favourite song was A Boy Named Sue, but now it's probably Flesh and Blood or Delia's Gone.

Q: Where in Canada do you live?
      A: Toronto, born and raised.

Q: What game type do you play?
      A: Ideally, I should be playing tournaments, because that's my best game. But right now I don't have the time to commit to tourneys, and quite frankly, I don't have the focus, either. Lately, I have been playing mostly cash games. A lot of non-holdem limit games.

I've also been playing 16 tables of $0.01/0.02 NLHE on Stars. Lots of fun. After a few sessions I'm at about even, but I'm gonna try and make a go at it, and only move up when I am clearly beating the game, and have the bankroll to move up.