Let's crush those micros

• Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Hello guys and girls, first of all let me introduce myself:

My name is Zvonimir, and I live in Sarajevo, which is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina (which is in southeastern Europe). I am 20 years old and am studying English and literature. I am in my 2nd year, soon to be 3rd..... maybe :D . I have been playing poker for a few years now and have taken it up somewhat seriously about 7 months ago. It was in December last year that I started with 10 dollars on pokerstars and built it up to a few hundreds playing 45 man sngs. I have played these games before also but really just for fun and a bit of profit. This time i decided to do it for real. So after a while I had some bonus on FTP and transferred my roll there and grinded rush NL micro stakes. I did ok, and after clearing the bonus I went on to play ROD tournaments. In January I finally had a 1k+ month playing 4.4 RODs and I couldn't have been happier. In February , March and April for various reasons I decided to play LH rush games and with the help of pokerstrategy articles and videos and rakeback I made profit each of these months. But at the end of April I had a pretty bad downswing and kind of was sick of LH so I took on my old game again, RODs that is. I made 1400+ in that month and my BR was now at 3500$. And then.......................... Well, I guess you all know what happened. FPT lost its license and my entire bankroll was gone just like that. Months of learning and playing down the drain. So now, I live in hope my roll will be retrieved someday. In the meantime, I have firmly decided to rebuild a roll from scratch using stakes or whatever means necessary. Deposits are out of the question as I am far from rich and do not have any source of income, being a student. So it will have to be from scratch. In July I have already done 2 stakes for 45 man sngs and am in the process of playing the 3rd. These games I am playing now are $3.5 but I have had to withdraw the profit from the first 2 stakes. Now I am up a little bit after a few days of breaking even and the reason I am making this blog is mainly to motivate myself to put in more volume then ever before and play the best I can. Here are some goals I would like to accomplish. I think I am fairly lazy and am spending way too much of my time doing nothing when I could be playing or learning poker or learning for my exams which are at the end of August. As far as poker goes I am not a monster but in the games I am playing I seem to do really well. On FTP my full tracking shows 37% ROi over 1100 games, but it is even higher as there are plenty of games included in it which are $20+ buyins which were all played on points accumulated from grinding cash for a few months. On stars when I isolate only 45 mans (the only game I ever played seriously on that platform) I have 28% over 1500 games at the 1 and 3 levels. So goals now are to be less lazy, play more, study, maybe find someone who could help me improve my game here in the community and rebuild a roll. Since I live in BiH beating the micros alone is enough to have a comfortable life (since good salary here is $800). My somewhat longer term goals are to beat the $15 level of 45mans and maybe higher. I know I am ranting a bit and I'm sure no one will read it but that's ok :D . I will put some hands here for discussions and will post about all things poker related and maybe some non poker related. Maybe some day I put in a happy post of how I got my FTP roll back. Gl and thanks for reading.
  • 10 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Blade,

Welcome to our Blog section :)

Good luck and show us some graphs!

Ingrid
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      I'm only posting because I actually read that essay you wrote :evil: Good luck though. are you gonna take part in the WCOOP? :s_evil:
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Heh yea I know the post is a bit of a drag, thx for reading. Some graphs and stats coming soon :s_biggrin: And I dont really do MTTs that much, and no roll atm anyways so no WCOOP for me :P
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burak220
      I'm only posting because I actually read that essay you wrote :evil:
      ^^ I though this was cute :f_love:
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Ok, so as promissed I am posting some graphs :s_biggrin: The FTP one is showing not right as it is showing like $1450 won and in reality it is more (OPR clearly shows over 2k and even OPR is missing some heads up winnings but whatever). Pokerstars seems to be right. These are taken from sharkscope as I don't have any real software (only elephant) and also most of my histories were deleted like a month ago. Anyways here they are:

Pokerstars:

FTP:

• Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Well, if someone could explain to me how to post images as images and not links I would appriciate it, when I tried to insert them there was nothing there, just blank space.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Blade90
      Well, if someone could explain to me how to post images as images and not links I would appriciate it, when I tried to insert them there was nothing there, just blank space.
      Hey Blade,

I've fixed your graphs, nice one btw ;)

You can show us your graphs, by right click on your image "Copy image location" than come back here and click on insert image (yellow little pic) just left from youtube link and insert the weblink which you saved from your browser.

Voila! :D Should work!
      Ingrid
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      just to clarify what ingy said :D

1. copy the link (wherever you uploaded your image)
      2. push the little button "Insert Image" (it looks like a photo of a mountain landscape)
      3. paste the link in there
      4. voila!

smiles,
      wendy

i promise to read your wall of text later. spaces would help ;)
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Hahahaha maybe I will redo the intro today sometime. Thx for help with the images I was trying to put the imageshack link into the insert image box and was getting blanks.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      dont know if it still holds true now but thats because imageshack now requires you to be logged on before seeing images. i switched to imgur.com coz some people dont have an imageshack account. (therefore not all readers will be able to see the images, or even myself if im not logged on in another webpage at the time)

btw read your wot and i personally would like to applaud burak. its hard i tell you. :D