20 Buy-ins below EV in 28k hands

• Sekhel
      Sekhel
      Bronze
      First post on the english foruns, and it will be a whining one...

Not counting the fun of losing full house to river royal flush, or full house to quads deep, or doing a runner runner flush with K high to lose to an Ace high flush, or sets over sets.

In 225k hands playing BSS, this is the second downswing with about 20 buy ins below in just a dozen of thousand hands.

Should I expect to f*cking run 20 buy ins below EV in just some thousands hands, every f*cking 100k hands?
  • 11 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      ouch, what limit?
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      post alltime graph
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      Faeces occurs.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sekhel
      Should I expect to f*cking run 20 buy ins below EV in just some thousands hands, every f*cking 100k hands?
      Yes, I'd say that's about right. Don't expect anything, just play well ;)
    • flea1
      flea1
      Bronze
      Hi man!
      I have the same SH** happening right now! It so unbelievable! I am trying so hard but every time I had top two pairs in 3bet pot fish have set... and I am loosing every day for week now!
      Just play best poker and hope...
    • flea1
      flea1
      Bronze
      p.s. by the way on Stars too and on the same NL25 ....
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      All time graph please. I want to see if it is possible to be a winning player and still have such huge downswings. Would motivate me to not tilt about my own -3 buyin downswing.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      graphs are overrated :)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      All time graph please. I want to see if it is possible to be a winning player and still have such huge downswings. Would motivate me to not tilt about my own -3 buyin downswing.
      you are kidding me right?
      This year I have had 600$ and up downswings 4 times playing NL25-50 and tournaments 2-22$. And Im up 7k since december 2010.
    • Sekhel
      Sekhel
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sorry for posting and basically disappearing from the forum and not answering anyone's questions.
      Never posted before on the english forum, and I completely forgot about this thread.

Originally posted by vladnz
      ouch, what limit?
      BSS Nl25 FR

Originally posted by Saruniks
      post alltime graph
      Don't have it anymore, deleted everything, since I was tilted and I don't plan to play FR anytime soon.
      Anyway, 2 days before creating this post I posted my lifetime graph on NL25 BSS FR on other forum:

This downswing I reported on this thread was on the end of that graph - or at least part of it, I believe.
      On the middle of the graph had another 600$ downswing and almost 20 buy ins below EV also.
    • Sekhel
      Sekhel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      I'm not sure if you're joking or not (since you have platinum status, I suppose you already played some thousands of hands)...
      3BI dowswings are absolutely nothing. Had half dozen sessions more than 10BI down in 250k hands.

And yes, it's perfectly possible to be a winning player still - as long as you have enough bankroll to keep grinding and you don't tilt. I went on a 1 month consecutive downswing thought. Never were 2 days in a row above EV, and was running worse than ever and more than 20BI below EV, and I finnaly couldn't bear it, so I stopped playing on stars and full ring and I will move soon to iPoker to bonus grind and play HU and SH.

Originally posted by sufix645
      you are kidding me right?
      This year I have had 600$ and up downswings 4 times playing NL25-50 and tournaments 2-22$. And Im up 7k since december 2010.
      If it was on NL50, it's just 12 buy ins, so it doesn't deserve to be even called a downswing, just a normal bad session... :D