Why FTP ads on TV with Phil Ivey?

• sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      If FTP is shut down...then why do i keep seeing their ads on Tv? I mean they are out of business, or atleast no one is going to play on their website till they get sorted out, so why advertise? i'd rather they stay quiet about their shady situationa and not attract attention to themselves.

Also, if Phil Ivey was cursing them, and he sued FTP then why is he on their ads, or other ftp stars for that matter, if they are trying to disassociate themselves?
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Sharkfin

when did you see a FTP ad on TV? and where (I mean which part of the world :) )?

Regards

Thazar
    • sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      C-C-Canada! lol but as a Canadian player, FTP software isnt even functional for me right now, like everyone else, so i dont get the point of the ads. I still see poker after dark with FTP ads, and the FTP ads that come between commercials, makes no sense lol. For 3 days i was trying to log in, i thought something is wrong with my computer ahahah.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer :)

I haven't watch poker on TV for a while so I don't know if there are still FullTilt Poker commercials in the UK. As for why, although it is a bit silly and misleading to still have them, it might be part of the agreement when the channel purchased the program to have an advertisement deal included with it.

I'll be interested to know if they still show in other countries as well

;)

Thazar
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      they probably already paid for airtime before they went down