This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QQ funny beat

• giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      I guess I should've know I'd be in trouble here:

The guy was 3/3/33 (steal %) out of 33 hands. Figures he'd make a set :f_biggrin:

And yes I know it's a high variance hand to call an all-in with but I figured I'd give it a shot against the short stack, didn't think he'd necessarily need to have AA/KK/QQ to go all in here.

This concludes my day of all high pairs getting beat by lower pairs, AA to KK, KK to JJ, QQ to TT, JJ to TT.

Time for a break I think.. :s_biggrin:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.69
      MP3:
      $14.66
      CO:
      $20.03
      BU:
      $9.49
      SB (Hero):
      $16.49
      BB:
      $10.27
      UTG1:
      $4.60
      UTG2:
      $2.90
      MP1:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.30, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $2.90, Hero calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.9) K, 2, J (2 players)

Turn: ($5.9) 7 (2 players)

River: ($5.9) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.9.
      Results follow:

UTG2 shows three of a kind, tens(T T).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

UTG2 wins with three of a kind, tens(T T).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello giliNL,

There is no other way to play the hand and I am going broke as well. Nice hand! :) Just got unlucky. :( In long run we will win a lot more in those spots.

Although while taking into account that he may be professional SSS player then I might even just Call and play postflop since he ain't gonna continue with worse holdings.

Best regards.
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      thx veriz! Yeah I knew the risk. Wouldn't even have posted it here but for the funny stats :)

But what you're suggesting is to not always 3bet strong hands against a SSS player? Unless it's AA KK I guess.

I'm not that familiar with SSS so I don't know what they ship with. Should actually study it a bit cause there's always quite a few annoying short stackers at the partypoker tables. I wish they'd chance it so you can only buy in with a full stack.. at least that way I'd be able to make some more money :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Against those nitty SSS players yep. Rather KK+. Also don't worry whatever hand you posting here. Rather post it and get it evaluated than don't post it and might even not fix your leaks.