[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QQ funny beat

• giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      I guess I should've know I'd be in trouble here:

The guy was 3/3/33 (steal %) out of 33 hands. Figures he'd make a set :f_biggrin:

And yes I know it's a high variance hand to call an all-in with but I figured I'd give it a shot against the short stack, didn't think he'd necessarily need to have AA/KK/QQ to go all in here.

This concludes my day of all high pairs getting beat by lower pairs, AA to KK, KK to JJ, QQ to TT, JJ to TT.

Time for a break I think.. :s_biggrin:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.69
      MP3:
      $14.66
      CO:
      $20.03
      BU:
      $9.49
      SB (Hero):
      $16.49
      BB:
      $10.27
      UTG1:
      $4.60
      UTG2:
      $2.90
      MP1:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.30, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $2.90, Hero calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.9) K, 2, J (2 players)

Turn: ($5.9) 7 (2 players)

River: ($5.9) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.9.
      Results follow:

UTG2 shows three of a kind, tens(T T).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

UTG2 wins with three of a kind, tens(T T).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello giliNL,

There is no other way to play the hand and I am going broke as well. Nice hand! :) Just got unlucky. :( In long run we will win a lot more in those spots.

Although while taking into account that he may be professional SSS player then I might even just Call and play postflop since he ain't gonna continue with worse holdings.

Best regards.
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      thx veriz! Yeah I knew the risk. Wouldn't even have posted it here but for the funny stats :)

But what you're suggesting is to not always 3bet strong hands against a SSS player? Unless it's AA KK I guess.

I'm not that familiar with SSS so I don't know what they ship with. Should actually study it a bit cause there's always quite a few annoying short stackers at the partypoker tables. I wish they'd chance it so you can only buy in with a full stack.. at least that way I'd be able to make some more money :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Against those nitty SSS players yep. Rather KK+. Also don't worry whatever hand you posting here. Rather post it and get it evaluated than don't post it and might even not fix your leaks.