Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.03
      BU:
      $4.94

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:club:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, BU calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.50) 8:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.30) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.1, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30

did i make the right fold here? his preflop play suggested strength, maybe some sort of high pocket pair or Ax. the problem i have with this hand is that he called my flop bet. he either made a very loose call with something like AK,AQ,AJ or something or he called with an overpair like AA,QQ,JJ,TT. i decided to check fold the second the ace came out because i didn't think i would be betting for value anymore, i would literally just be trying to push him off of the pot. i decided he had the ace when he bet into me although it is possible he noticed i was scared of the ace and exploited it...
  • 2 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      That's the problem with checking here I guess.. you're exposing yourself to the bluff.

I think I would've gone with bet/fold. It seems unlikely that someone who just joined the table would check-raise you after you've shown consistent aggression.

Especially on this flop, your flop bet is basically just a standard cbet, so if he has QQ/JJ he might call.

There's a good chance you're beat of course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

What do you think how he plays JJ/QQ here? I mean how many hands will Call you on flop? Ax hands? Only A:hK or maybe at the best some weaker A:hQ or something similar. Therefore, I'd Check/Call the turn while he may easily even have something like JJ/QQ in his range and maybe even weaker PPs.

Best regards.