This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, KK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.03
      BU:
      $4.94

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:club:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, BU calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.50) 8:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.30) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.1, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30

did i make the right fold here? his preflop play suggested strength, maybe some sort of high pocket pair or Ax. the problem i have with this hand is that he called my flop bet. he either made a very loose call with something like AK,AQ,AJ or something or he called with an overpair like AA,QQ,JJ,TT. i decided to check fold the second the ace came out because i didn't think i would be betting for value anymore, i would literally just be trying to push him off of the pot. i decided he had the ace when he bet into me although it is possible he noticed i was scared of the ace and exploited it...
  • 2 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      That's the problem with checking here I guess.. you're exposing yourself to the bluff.

I think I would've gone with bet/fold. It seems unlikely that someone who just joined the table would check-raise you after you've shown consistent aggression.

Especially on this flop, your flop bet is basically just a standard cbet, so if he has QQ/JJ he might call.

There's a good chance you're beat of course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

What do you think how he plays JJ/QQ here? I mean how many hands will Call you on flop? Ax hands? Only A:hK or maybe at the best some weaker A:hQ or something similar. Therefore, I'd Check/Call the turn while he may easily even have something like JJ/QQ in his range and maybe even weaker PPs.

Best regards.