[NL20-NL50] Hand evaluation NL50 deep

• Darkzzz
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4, 4.
      Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BU raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Flop: ($7.75) A, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($14.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.50, Hero raises to $20.35, BU calls $13.85.

River: ($55.45) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $40.05, BU calls $40.05.

Final Pot: $135.55.

Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, aces and jacks(J A).
      Hero shows a pair of fours(4 4).

BU wins with two pairs, aces and jacks(J A).

It seemed to me like a good spot to bluff considering his weak betsizing on a wet board, I think I was just unlucky that the J came on the river.
      What do you think?

• 4 replies
    • SvenBe
      he Darkzzz,

I'll leave this hand for our experts - and therefore moved it to the appropriate hand evaluation forum.
      Don't hesitate to ask again if you want to discuss it a bit more into detail once our hand judge answers :-)
      Glad to have you on board

Ps: what caught my eyes is his smallish reraise preflop - I would definitively take a note about as you now saw the hands showdown.
      Have you also tried to analyse the hand with our awesome tool, the Equilab ? You can see what percentage of ranges he will most likely fold,raise or call (of course always based on your assumptions)
    • SvenBe
      ups,I accidently marked this thread as judged,sorry - will call a handjudge for help!
    • duder1n0
      Do you have any info, stats on BU? It would be quite helpful, given the deep stacks and the non-standard move you made...

Preflop 200bb deep you have the odds to call the 3bet even out of position. BU 3bet range would be quite strong, as he raised your utg open. Flop is terrible for you, you have 4th pair, and this board hit his 3bet range quite well. I would simply check/fold here.
      On the turn you are representing a monster with this check/call check/raise line, but he is calling you anyway. It could be some strong hand or some draw.
      On the river you just go through with your move, but my problem is that your line is based very much on that villain understands how strong it is. If he is not capable of that, and never folds TP in these spots (which is not unusual among weaker NL50 regs...), then it is just throwing money away.
    • Kaitz20
      well I think I judged that hand before thatś why I marked it judged.
      But I can say it again: no need to float him on the flop oop, turn and river are player dependents, but if you c/r big on the turn then you can easily shove river