BR question????

    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.06.2011 Posts: 161
      Hi guys, since ftpoker close I began to play on pokerstars, but my money were all in full tilt, so I began from 0$ and at first with freeroll and then with 10 cents 360 sit n go, now Im at 27$ and I get up at 50 cents 90 players sit n go.
      Its going well, but I have a stupid question..
      Can I come back sometimes to play the 10 cents one or I go against Bankroll management?
      Thank you
      Ciao
  • 15 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.09.2010 Posts: 3,982
      Hello, marcepoker17

      BRM is there to protect you from going broke by overextending yourself on too high limits, going back/down of course limits earning potential, but there's no rule saying you can't play something you are over-rolled for.

      Some people don't feel comfortable moving up and stay on limits they are well above in BR, but just prefer it rather than risking play at higher limits.

      The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask, anything you ask has the potential to give an educational answer. :)

      Regards,
      Richard
    • B0YNAMEDSUE
      B0YNAMEDSUE
      Basic
      Joined: 28.07.2011 Posts: 17
      It's better to play below your bankroll than play above your bankroll and go broke.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.10.2008 Posts: 7,359
      Great advice already, I just wanted to add my congrats to you marcepoker17 on your progress already.

      Grinding out $27 from nothing is an awesome achievement and shows everyone that it can be done with hard work and dedication.

      You're an inspiration to us all and just wanted to wish you every continued success with it ;)

      Good luck & best regards,


      Bart
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.01.2010 Posts: 382
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Great advice already, I just wanted to add my congrats to you marcepoker17 on your progress already.

      Grinding out $27 from nothing is an awesome achievement and shows everyone that it can be done with hard work and dedication.

      You're an inspiration to us all and just wanted to wish you every continued success with it ;)

      Good luck & best regards,


      Bart
      I can only say the same.

      +1
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,944
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Great advice already, I just wanted to add my congrats to you marcepoker17 on your progress already.

      Grinding out $27 from nothing is an awesome achievement and shows everyone that it can be done with hard work and dedication.

      You're an inspiration to us all and just wanted to wish you every continued success with it ;)

      Good luck & best regards,


      Bart
      I can only say the same.

      +1
      Couldn't agree more! Well done marcepoker17 and long may the good run continue!

      All the best,
      Gary
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.06.2011 Posts: 161
      wow guys thank you so much..
      It's really great to hear ur compliments, because I wasnt sure was a good resoult at all.
      But after I red your reply I got some confidence back!
      Especially today that I keep get nuts on the flop, or AA preflop and I keep loosing with runner runner, or preflop agaist crazy cards(like 57o, or k5o).
      But Im sure I will get out this moment.
      And because you've been so nice guys I will make another question:
      now my BR is pretty much the same,25,60$(I got 4 tournaments of bad beats today), and has I said I play sit n go.
      Do you think it would be better for me to play cash games too, or would be better wait untill I dont reach 50$?
      Thank you again for yours answer!
      Have fun play!
      Marcello
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,944
      Originally posted by marcepoker17
      And because you've been so nice guys I will make another question:
      now my BR is pretty much the same,25,60$(I got 4 tournaments of bad beats today), and has I said I play sit n go.
      Do you think it would be better for me to play cash games too, or would be better wait untill I dont reach 50$?
      Thank you again for yours answer!
      Have fun play!
      Marcello
      Hi again Marcello,

      If you are seriously considering a switch from SNG to cash here is what would be suitable for you Bankroll.

      After doing some research and with $25.70 as a bankroll, the only safe cash game for you to play would be NL2 using the MSS Strategy.

      You would have 32 Buy ins for your limit so you BRM would cover you for this game and level.

      You can find all the information about the MSS Strategy by following this link

      I suggest taking plenty of time to study all the available material before hitting the tables. The more time you spend studying and improving the better the chance you have of moving up the limits.

      Also, if you don't like the MSS Strategy you can always go back to SNG. It's always nice to add another option anyways and I really hope you enjoy MSS.

      I have played MSS myself, and it is a very nice strategy and I hope once you study really, really hard that you can move up the limits and start making some serious $$$

      Best of luck,


      Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,944
      Also, forgot to mention to keep us updated on whatever you chose!

      Why not start a blog for this purpose. You will always get some feedback on how you are doing from other great community members.

      To start your own blog or to visit other blogs click here my friend.

      There are many excellent bloggers out there in this community, some for each variant so they can be really helpful in improving your game.

      All the best,


      Gary
    • caledonia
      caledonia
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.07.2011 Posts: 18
      as the rest have said its never a bad move to stay below your BR,sometimes its the only move you should make,i think the biggest mistake is going to high and out your comfort zone,you seem to be in control of your BR,well done so far and good luck.... :D
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.06.2011 Posts: 161
      Ok, I will study first, and I will try the cash games! thank you again for the advice!
      I will let you know after I ve done some hands...!
      About opening a blog I'm not sure yet because I beleive it will require some time and right now I would like to spend all my free time to learn and improve my game.
      I use the forum only when I have "stupid questions" or I getting a lots of bad beats and I just wanna complain to someone...lol..
      I thank you again, everyone, Bart Richard Gary and Zhusy, for all you help, and thanks for keeping up my confidence!
      Ciao
      Marcello
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,944
      Ok Marcello,

      Get your studying hat on and go ship the $$$$$$$

      Also, if you come across any tricky hands, or if you feel you need advice on certain things, why not post them in our hand evaluation forum!

      You can also check out other forum members hands and see what our professional hand judges have had to say.

      It's another great way of improving your game!

      I have linked the appropriate hand evaluation forum here for you so take a look and hope it helps you out further in your progession up the limits!

      Take care and keep us posted!


      Gary
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.06.2011 Posts: 161
      My dear friend, I'm proud to tell you that I arrived 4(I would be prouder if I arrived first but I got suckout twice so I still proud..lol) in the 25 cent tornament 100$ gar. and now my bankroll from 24$ is at 49,30!
      From 0$ to 49$ sound even better...lol
      I really have to thank you all guys that had give me the confidence in a moment of down swing.
      And it might be a coincidence but, as you told me Gary, today I study a little the mid stack str, I knw that is for cash games, but it probably had help me!
      So thank you!
      And now I could actually begin with NL5 and 1$ buy in sit n go right!?
      I will keep you update if I make any progress or if I have some little question.
      Take care
      and have fun play
      Marcello
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,944
      Hi Marcello,

      A big congratulations to you for your wonderful success at the tables. It always nice to have a big pay day and is also nice to nearly double your bankroll at the same time. Tell me, how did it feel for you to have such a nice win? Where you able to relax after it?

      As for your ever expanding bankroll, I will run a few options through you to see what you can play now.

      NL5 MSS

      As you pointed out, you have almost 25 BI for this level now and although that is the right amount, I would like to make a suggestion.

      As you have never played the strategy at all yet, I don't think jumping in to NL5 straight away is a good idea. I think you would be better off having a few practice sessions at NL2 first. This way if you do make any mistakes it won't cost you half as much as it would on NL5.

      Practice makes perfect so if you get the basics right first, you will go from success to success!

      SNG $1

      With 49 BI here you should be ok for the 9man SNG. Bear in mind the variance in SNGs like MSS is quiet harsh so you may encounter some bad days too.


      Congrats on your big win and hope it continues for you Marcello,


      Best wishes and regards,



      Gary
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.06.2011 Posts: 161
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi Marcello,

      A big congratulations to you for your wonderful success at the tables. It always nice to have a big pay day and is also nice to nearly double your bankroll at the same time. Tell me, how did it feel for you to have such a nice win? Where you able to relax after it?

      As for your ever expanding bankroll, I will run a few options through you to see what you can play now.

      NL5 MSS

      As you pointed out, you have almost 25 BI for this level now and although that is the right amount, I would like to make a suggestion.

      As you have never played the strategy at all yet, I don't think jumping in to NL5 straight away is a good idea. I think you would be better off having a few practice sessions at NL2 first. This way if you do make any mistakes it won't cost you half as much as it would on NL5.

      Practice makes perfect so if you get the basics right first, you will go from success to success!

      SNG $1

      With 49 BI here you should be ok for the 9man SNG. Bear in mind the variance in SNGs like MSS is quiet harsh so you may encounter some bad days too.


      Congrats on your big win and hope it continues for you Marcello,


      Best wishes and regards,



      Gary



      Hey Gary,
      Thanks, it was nice, and I had a very long sleep after..
      I still wondering if I could play better then 4^, I think a lot about my loosing hands after a tournament.
      Anyways I'm happy about it especialy because today its exactly one month since I began to build pokerstar BR, but I know I still have a long way to go..
      Plus its my best result in such a big tournament(1340 players).
      So happy, and off today! I wanna take a little rest, just for a day..!

      About the NL2 I complitly agree. I will get confidence in there at first, I have no hurry!

      About the 1$ 10 players sitngo I'm not sure yet. I did really like to play 0,10$ 360players and now I was going well with the 0,50$ 90 players.
      So I was thinking to keep that line and go for 1$ 90 players.
      What you think? Do you reckon it would be more profitable 1$ 10 players?


      Thanks for your help, again!
      Take care
      Kind regards
      Marcello
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,944
      Hi Marcello,

      In my opinion, 50 buy ins for the 90 man SNGs is not quiet enough. I would preferably play them with 70-80 buy ins so the cover all the bases really.

      If you feel comfortable enough then maybe give them a trial run, but the variance can be high with alot of players so thats why I would prefer playing the 9-10 mans instead.

      Hope the helps and keep the run good up!


      All the best,



      Gary