Bronze
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) IPoker
      Hero ($10.24)
      BB ($2.85)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($8 )
      BTN ($19.18)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, CO calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) T:club: 3:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero bets $1.42, CO raises to $2.84, Hero calls $1.42

TURN ($7.58) T:club: 3:diamond: 9:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.26 (AI), Hero ???

I guess im forced to call here but is my flop play ok. the only thing that beats me that he could have is JJ or 99 i reckon but im not sure if the min raise is signalling strength or weakness
  • 3 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      I think you have to lay this down based on the information here (i.e. no stats or anything suggesting he's crazy :) )

He could have a lot more hands than JJ and 99 that he might choose to not 4bet with. I've been just called with AA and KK against my JJ/QQ 3bets several times today.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      he wasnt passive. But not enough stats to assume aggressive. But at this limit i feel it is very rare for KK and AA not to 4 bet preflop and even QQs often. I've seen many people go all in with a lot less than that pre i know for sure.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

The problem is that it's a 3bet pot. I don't only expect him to have 99/JJ but maybe even trap with higher overpairs. So basically it's up to your reads or stats what you had on table. Do you expect the opponent to go broke/raise here on flop with worse?

Usually the thing is that they don't do that with having a lot worse hands. Could easily be some overpair which was scared to get it in preflop or even trap. So therefore sometimes without really good information I'd even consider Bet/Fold but as you Call there is no other way to play the hand than Call.

Best regards.