This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] At Nl10 Sh Tp

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) IPoker
      Hero ($10.24)
      BB ($2.85)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($8 )
      BTN ($19.18)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, CO calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) T:club: 3:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero bets $1.42, CO raises to $2.84, Hero calls $1.42

TURN ($7.58) T:club: 3:diamond: 9:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.26 (AI), Hero ???

I guess im forced to call here but is my flop play ok. the only thing that beats me that he could have is JJ or 99 i reckon but im not sure if the min raise is signalling strength or weakness
  • 3 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      I think you have to lay this down based on the information here (i.e. no stats or anything suggesting he's crazy :) )

He could have a lot more hands than JJ and 99 that he might choose to not 4bet with. I've been just called with AA and KK against my JJ/QQ 3bets several times today.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      he wasnt passive. But not enough stats to assume aggressive. But at this limit i feel it is very rare for KK and AA not to 4 bet preflop and even QQs often. I've seen many people go all in with a lot less than that pre i know for sure.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

The problem is that it's a 3bet pot. I don't only expect him to have 99/JJ but maybe even trap with higher overpairs. So basically it's up to your reads or stats what you had on table. Do you expect the opponent to go broke/raise here on flop with worse?

Usually the thing is that they don't do that with having a lot worse hands. Could easily be some overpair which was scared to get it in preflop or even trap. So therefore sometimes without really good information I'd even consider Bet/Fold but as you Call there is no other way to play the hand than Call.

Best regards.