5Cd

• minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      ....Im getting abit bored of playing Hold'em and want to learn something new.

Thought that id give 5CD a try, seems interesting and want to see what you guys have to say about it and if there are any tips you can give to a new 5CD player !

Thanks

minshall27 :diamond:
  • 6 replies
    • bela2222
      bela2222
      Bronze
      If I were you, I would prefer omaha or something that about you find more articles and videos. 5CD is not a popular game, but good luck :)
    • minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      ive played PLO quite abit, and i do like it. just thought it was worth a go trying a new game thats all, and 5CD just seemed a little different :D
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      The main thing to 5CD is snowing. Once you understand that concept. You will do just fine.

http://betting.betfair.com/poker/poker-strategy/poker-variants/what-is-snowing-160311.html
    • minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      very helpful ! thanks :D
    • bela2222
      bela2222
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      The main thing to 5CD is snowing. Once you understand that concept. You will do just fine.

http://betting.betfair.com/poker/poker-strategy/poker-variants/what-is-snowing-160311.html
      +1
    • EvGalois
      EvGalois
      Bronze
      In the game of 5CD it is alright to "snow" every once in a while but it's very difficult if you are up against notorious mad players or persistent defenders. You might have done the perfectly timed raise with AKXXX and when villain in bb calls and you carry on to bluff post draw he calls a 2nd time with his 88 unimproved...
      Before getting "snowed away" you must have established an image as either rock solid or completly insane player. Sometimes (many times) I love to play the clown of the table and show my hands even if I don't get called. I pat hands and overplay any pair just to establish a maniac image - then I as the game progress I tighten up. Sometimes I do the opposite and slowly turn to "maniac" later on in the game (and open up my ranges).
      Hypothetically you could snow a part of your showdown pat hands. In a ring game you have to have a feeling when you should (balance issue) - I think it would be hard to calculate the exact ratio for optimal play there. Probably in a heads up game it could be found.

Of course snowing is useful but remember to focus on the many mistakes and bad plays the many poor 5CD-players out there actually make - take the game from there.