Fifty50 rollercoaster grind

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I have been grinding the Fifty50'es at Stars for some time now. At first I seemed to do well, but in reality it ended up being a long roller-coaster ride. While I do like those at an amusement park, I'd prefer to skip them in poker. :)

I still think I could beat them, if I'd put more volume in, improve my mindset, reduce the effects of tilting (or get rid of it completely). But I'd also need some advice on what I might be doing wrong, and any tips to help improve my game. I'll appreciate any constructive feedback and comments. :)

• 4 replies
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      This just makes me sick. I want to vomit.

• nttrung143
      nttrung143
      Bronze
      Hi there,
      What limit do you play? I don't know what i am saying has effect on your limit but it worked for me.

I think you can stop playing for one or two weeks and reduce the level, limp-up slowly. Here is my graph. I am playing for about 1200 tourney (same with you).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/testno.jpg/

1st period: i move up to 7$ buy-ins and had the roller-coaster like you. And in one night, i lose almost my bankroll because of tilt

2 stop playing for 2 week

2nd period: i play 1.5$ buy-ins

3rd period: i move up back to 3.50$ i lose some game but when i got familiar with the buy-in, i moved up like you see.

Now i am attempting to move up again to 7$ if i reach 50 buy-in BRM.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Well your questions way too vague and your stats are kind of meaningless cos they aren't filtered at all but from a quick glance at your stats I'd say your calling too much preflop i.e. vpip too high compared with PFR.

Your ICM training will be best done for double or nothing tournies If you're not doing that already although the optimal play will be somewhere between DONs and normal games
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I have been playing mainly $15 and $30 tournaments, with some odd $60 ones earlier on. The latest play is mostly $15, however.

I have altered my game to call as few hands as possible, and also reducing the amount of tables I play at the same time. Went from eight to four.

Yes, I think I will take a short break. Pehraps not two weeks, but a few days at least. :)