UTG: $51.11
      UTG+1: $25.00
      MP: $30.39
      Hero (MP+1): $42.68
      CO: $24.08
      BTN: $25.87
      SB: $29.84
      BB: $25.82 VP:18/PFR:11/AF:1.9/3Bet:2.7/WTSD:25/W$SD:57/Hands:5k

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, UTG posts ante $0.02, UTG+1 posts ante $0.02, MP posts ante $0.02, Hero posts ante $0.02, CO posts ante $0.02, BTN posts ante $0.02, SB posts ante $0.02, BB posts ante $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.31) Hero has T:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.51, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.41

Flop: ($1.23, 2 players) A:spade: J:heart: A:club:
      BB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.23, 2 players) T:diamond:
      BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($8.23, 2 players) K:heart:
      BB bets $7.50, hero???

I would like to know what I should ideally do here... Could he have anything other than AK/AQ here? Would AQ bet this river card? Would AQ call a raise all in? I just thought he would 3bet AK pf.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Maniatrix,

One thing what we can kick out is raise on river. For the reason that a lot of Ax hands completed and which gives him a better hand. Therefore, he most often ain't gonna even pay with a lot worse hands.

Could he have anything other than AK/AQ here? Would AQ bet this river card?

I rarely doubt that he is such a player who bets on those spots for value. I mean look at his W$SD. Do you really think that he is going to overplay his straight? Most likely he would just Check it here. Also even if he would bet then never-ever so huge.

Would AQ call a raise all in?

Not such a player who has been winning a lot of showdowns. So rather the question is if we beat here something vs such a bet size pot? Myself I'd be really inclined to fold in that kind of spot since I don't really see what hands we beat.

I just thought he would 3bet AK pf.

Not really while he even seems to be rather tighter player. He may easily as well play just with Call and play postflop with his AK.

Best regards.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I hated that river and instantly thought "I'm beat now", my greed however said "full house, shove". I listened to the greed of course. And he had exactly the hand we think he had - AK.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      I hated that river and instantly thought "I'm beat now", my greed however said "full house, shove". I listened to the greed of course. And he had exactly the hand we think he had - AK.
      Yep, happens. But what I do like in your style is that you at least try to understand what kind of mistake you made and trying to discuss it. Keep going the work! Well done!