Dealt to Hero T:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) 4:heart: 6:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.75

TURN ($3) 4:heart: 6:heart: 7:diamond: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.80, SB calls $1.80

RIVER ($6.60) 4:heart: 6:heart: 7:diamond: T:club: 5:diamond:

[color=red]SB checks, Hero bets $7.64 (AI),

Is my river shove ok here? or should i have just checked. I thought he would have a overpair most often
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      so strange hand, you´re betting turn for value and then decide on the river you have to shove as bluff :)
      Generally I´m fine with that since he should fold his overpairs, but consider it is blind vs blind and that players might make herocalls there I´d likely just take my free showdown

PS! Overbet shove is also quite sick. You should get folds like 90%, so it should be +ev play
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Thanks, i thought my play here was ok.

He flipped over...... 56.... two pair massive hero call, nearly shouted at my screen on that one.
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Truly sick hand!
      Also could you explain your reasons why are you raising this flop? Wouldn't floating be better idea?
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Well i feel on that board he really isnt representing anything to be honest. I mean hands that he is raising pre he is only raising his flush draws and over pairs. Both which on this board are going to be concerned with my call behind and the scary board.
      I feel since he hasnt insta come over the top he doesnt have AA or KK or AK of hearts. So i feel that the turn i can barrel for value as i obviously have any flush draw beat at the time and when the river comes down i feel nothing but the straight which im positive he doesnt have can call...

he then shows 2 pair and i get very annoyed. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Flop: Not the greatest play here. Since on those limits I expect them anyways to continue with any pair/any draw here and we have a small fold equity while the board is super-drawy. I'd rather just give it up right here.

As played
      Turn: Seems to be fine. Could bet a bit bigger ~$2,40 to give a better protection.
      River: But I don't understand your line here, why do you turn your hand into bluff? Some of his outs even got there and do you really expect even the opponent to fold here sets/2pairs? On those limits I rarely doubt that it's gonna happen easily unless the opponent has small WTSD and is capable doing such laydowns. I'd just Check behind and be happy to be ahead if we are even. Missed FD ain't gonna bet anyways and that hand we win by Checking as well.

Best regards.