Financial independance through poker. FINALLY!!!

• tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hello boyz and girlz,
      I have been reading and following many blogs in this forum and now I have decided to create my own area where to track my progress.

:club: About me :club:

My name is Tadas and I'm from small, not very rich, but beautiful country Lithuania. I'm 18 years old kid. I have been playing basketball for 8 years at local team in my hometown, so that means that I'm not a nerd :D I also enjoy playing football, table tennis and especially beach voleyball. I guess now it's enough about me in introduction.

:heart: Poker career :heart:

First meeting with poker was a year ago in summer camp, when some friends offered me to join them to play SnG. I really enjoyed that game and as I remember finished then in 2nd place. After that I played alot with play money(zynga and stuff like that :D ), watched some TV shows and also read some articles. So I have a little bit expierence in this game and have already tried SnG, CG and MTT's.

:spade: Why am I playing poker? :spade:

Firstly because of that I really enjoy this game and it's a great opportunity to make some extra money( which can be more than average Joe's sallary in Lithuania :) ). Poker also teaches how to manage your finances and it I think that will be a nice challenge for me :D And finally if everything will be okay, and I will succeed climbing my poker career steps, I hope that one day I will build my own villa somewhere in Bahamas, drive sick cars like lamborghini, ferrari etc, play all the prestigious live tournaments and also travel alot :heart: .

So my journey begins now:

I'm going to make my first deposit at Pokerstars, when I will get verification of my bank account and start with HU NL25(short, 0,25/0,5$) and NL50(0,25/0,5$).

My short term goals:
      :diamond: Be winning player in 35k hands sample and don't move up if BR doesn't hits 60BI of next level.
      :diamond: Buy Holdem manager.
      :diamond: Always play my A game and it means that it must be tilt protected.
      :diamond: Always keep improving my game, post every doubtful hands and answer all questions which would fix my possible leaks.

I hope that my english skills are good enough for you to understand me and this blog will become exciting. Also I will try to post something nice not related to poker. To be continiued... :s_biggrin:
  • 532 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Looks good, i'll be following :D One thing though, i'd recommend playing lower limits first to get used to playing with real money, and NL25 doesn't have HU tables on Stars :(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tadas,

Really nice intro and welcome to our blog section!

But why on earth are you basic? :D

Looking forward to follow you on the forum!
      Ingrid
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Looks good, i'll be following :D One thing though, i'd recommend playing lower limits first to get used to playing with real money, and NL25 doesn't have HU tables on Stars :(
      Lithuanians are so humble, I'm sure he already beat lower limits. :D

Nice intro, gl!
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Yes it is NL25 but blinds are 0.25/0.5$, try to off some filters :)

Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi Tadas,

Ingrid
      Hi there, i'm basic because I've just tracked my Pokerstars account with Pokerstrategy, and now waiting till i will be able to make my first deposit :)

Originally posted by dydukas

Lithuanians are so humble, I'm sure he already beat lower limits. :D

Nice intro, gl!
      Thank you, I will try my best :)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hello everybody,

Just got email, that my moneybookers account is verified, so about in 2 days or maybe tommorow I'm starting crushing tables :) Nothing more I can say anything related to poker except that atm I'm reading poker mindset and can say for real that it's an awesome book.

Some music to not get bored while waiting for action :heart:

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tadcka
      Hi Tadas,

Ingrid
      Hi there, i'm basic because I've just tracked my Pokerstars account with Pokerstrategy, and now waiting till i will be able to make my first deposit :)
      But you passed our quiz, why didn't you apply for the free $50 starting capital? :)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hi Tadas,

Ingrid
      But you passed our quiz, why didn't you apply for the free $50 starting capital? :)
      I don't like those sites except maybe PartyPoker, I decided to leave this as a side plan if i go busto :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tadas,

Ingrid
      I don't like those sites except maybe PartyPoker, I decided to leave this as a side plan if i go busto :D
      wow! respect! best of luck and looking forward to some cool graphs =)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hello folks,

So finnaly made my first deposit and just played my first session and got busted my BR X( Lost 50$ with AA vs AK got tilted and went to play NL600 and busted. Shit happens, I quit.. NOT. Just kidding :D

First session gone quite good, played 600hands 2-tabling against same opponent and I felt that I had an edge on him. At the beggining lost him 3 stacks 2 of them by getting sucked out(I'm not going to post those hands because it's booring), then I sucked out once him and started owning him. Ended session with +1BI or 60$, here is a graph:

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/graphze.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/452/graphze.th.jpg
      (If someone could tell how to post picture, not the link in the post I would really appreciate that)

Furthermore, I got one interesting hand

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $89,05
      Hero:
      $147,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (2 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , T:club:
      SB raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,00) J:club: , 9:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1,5, Hero raises to $5,00, SB calls $3,50.

Turn: ($12,00) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks.

River: ($12,00) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,5, SB raises to $26,05, Hero calls $18,55.

Final Pot: $64,10

Results follow
      SB shows (Qc 3c)
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Kc Tc)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (Kc Tc)

Thought that he may hit his flush and just called because it could be A high flush and of course because there was full house opportunities. It would be nice to hear others ideas about this hand. :)

And some nice sounds(lol, at 0:45 David Guetta is holding my phone :D )
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally [img]http://[/img]posted by tadcka
      So finnaly made my first deposit and just played my first session and got busted my BR X( Lost 50$ with AA vs AK got tilted and went to play NL600 and busted. Shit happens, I quit.. NOT. Just kidding :D

(If someone could tell how to post picture, not the link in the post I would really appreciate that)
      So did you still lose the AA vs AK or were you just kidding? :D Would have been an awful start ;)

Anyway, for the link, use the tags [.img][./img] , without the dots. Alternatively when you press reply, above the text box, click the little icon to the left of YouTube, looks a bit like a picture. That'll do the same thing :)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Originally [img]http://[/img]posted by tadcka

So did you still lose the AA vs AK or were you just kidding? :D Would have been an awful start ;)

Anyway, for the link, use the tags [.img][./img] , without the dots. Alternatively when you press reply, above the text box, click the little icon to the left of YouTube, looks a bit like a picture. That'll do the same thing :)

No i haven't lost AA vs AK :D I just edited post and near the link I tried to post that graph and it doesn't work ?(
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      That's alright then! :)

Ah, just asked for clarification, because you're basic you can't post images, so you'll just have to stick with the links for now :( And on that note, I read about you not using the 50$ yet, but are you using a tracked account yet? So you'll be getting bronze + soon?
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      That's alright then! :)

Ah, just asked for clarification, because you're basic you can't post images, so you'll just have to stick with the links for now :( And on that note, I read about you not using the 50$ yet, but are you using a tracked account yet? So you'll be getting bronze + soon?
      Yeah tommorow i should get some points :)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      :spade: Today was pretty exhausting day and I'm happy of that. Firstly I overcame about 20km. with bike and then played some non-stop basketball :heart: for 2 hours with my friends.

:club: And after shower, some dinner I sat down to play some HU pokah and the session was pretty nice: up almost 3BI or 140$. Not going to post any hands or graphs for now, because I'm too tired to review my database, I will do it tommorow. :)

:diamond: So that's it for now, going to update soon. Enjoy some nice sounds of imo one of the best DJ in the world. :heart:

• MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hello folks,

So finnaly made my first deposit and just played my first session and got busted my BR X( Lost 50$ with AA vs AK got tilted and went to play NL600 and busted. Shit happens, I quit..
      you have no idea how hard you've just levelled me.

was reading the blog, thinking 'oh nice, this could be really solid, looking forward to the first session results'

and then...

:facepalm:

but fortunately it was just

:coolface:

well played sir.

Looking forward to reading!
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hi again everyone!

Since last update played 3 sessions(about 3k hands) mostly NL100 because couldn't get action at NL50, unfortunately it didn't go so good as expected, made some bad decisions at big pots, for example pushed 200bb stack with TT and ran into rockets, had some bad beats as well, but it's poker you have to accept the realities of this game, bad beats, variance etc. So lost about 400$ since yesterday, but I'm not dissapointed at all. I will continue fighting with regs and fishes and keep improving my game. After some review of my hands, I realised that I should barrel more especially on turn after cbet, so I will try to learn to do it at right moments :)

After some bad run I will be playing only NL50 and won't make any shots higher until I will win atleast 15BI at NL50 :)

So it will be my goal for August:

:diamond: 0/15BI at NL50 so far.

Ok, that's enough for now, I'll update soon and I'll try to post some hands, and maybe some graphs when my status will be changed :heart:

See ya! Gl at the tables! :spade:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Good mindset there :) Hope you start crushing soon man!
    • Aruniux
      Aruniux
      Bronze
      GL brother from Lithuania, just wonder what BR you have if you playing nl50-100 and lost 400$. how much you deposited? :s_o:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Originally posted by Aruniux
      GL brother from Lithuania, just wonder what BR you have if you playing nl50-100 and lost 400$. how much you deposited? :s_o:
      It's secret lol, I just can say that it's 4 digits :D

Quick update, had some free minutes and played 86 hands, results:

:diamond: 1.2/15BI at NL50 so far.

Btw thanks everyone for supporting me! You're best :)