which raise?

• bikerzaine
      bikerzaine
      Bronze
      hi, i've have been playing poker for a while on PKR and 888. found this site a few days ago, my game has already improved, and took advantage of the free $50 on Titan.com. I chose my currency as GBP so got £34ish to play with, so opted to start on NL2 tables.
      Anyway,on both PKR and titan when it's my turn i get raise buttons for "min" "x3" "x4" "pot" and "all in". When i hit the "x3" button on PKR, i put 6c in the pot but on titan 8c goes in the pot. Now i'm assuming the reason is because on titan i am calling the BB(2c) and the raise (6c) is added to it making my total bet 8c,ie:"i see your 2 and raise you 6(3x the BB) where as on PKR i raise TO 3X the BB(6c).
      If this assumption is right, and if so which one do i go by? of course if i'm completely off the mark i'm sure someone will be able to enlighten me.
  • 5 replies
    • B0YNAMEDSUE
      B0YNAMEDSUE
      Basic
      Some sites have 'raise it up' buttons, and some have 'raise it up to' buttons. Different sites even raise it different amounts when you click the 'pot' button. It's frustrating, but it's just something you have to figure out as you go.

As for what's the correct amount to raise it, raising to either 6, 7 or 8 cents is standard in a $0.01/0.02 no-limit holdem game. I like 8 cents the best, though. In higher stake games, raising to 3x the bb will thin the field. At the penny table, too many people call when you only raise it to 3x the bb. 4x the bb seems to work a little better.
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Well there is really no problem there. Just raise as much as you want, 3x is I guess a standard raise but on micros 4x is maybe better. So 8 cents. But it all depends on position etc. Read the articles here, they are helpful.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bikerzaine
      hi, i've have been playing poker for a while on PKR and 888. found this site a few days ago, my game has already improved, and took advantage of the free $50 on Titan.com. I chose my currency as GBP so got £34ish to play with, so opted to start on NL2 tables.
      Anyway,on both PKR and titan when it's my turn i get raise buttons for "min" "x3" "x4" "pot" and "all in". When i hit the "x3" button on PKR, i put 6c in the pot but on titan 8c goes in the pot. Now i'm assuming the reason is because on titan i am calling the BB(2c) and the raise (6c) is added to it making my total bet 8c,ie:"i see your 2 and raise you 6(3x the BB) where as on PKR i raise TO 3X the BB(6c).
      If this assumption is right, and if so which one do i go by? of course if i'm completely off the mark i'm sure someone will be able to enlighten me.
      first i think u should know the whole I see your x and raise you x is a string bet and if u were playing live u would call and the dealer would give ur raise back to u b/c u cant call and raise in the same turn

-personally to address your problem type the raises in yourself this way there will never be a problem with what your trying to do
    • bikerzaine
      bikerzaine
      Bronze
      o.k thanks chaps
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you all for posting the helpful advice. It's great to see you all helping each other out :)

Keep up the good work everyone :)

Greetz,

Gary