This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL-2- AA on a dangerous board

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

what about the turn and river?

Flop- standard (I think)

Turn- a flush draw came in, and QT was beating me, but even against those I had outs and I felt I have to protect against 1 spade or T or Q.

River- bad card, but I felt committed so decided for the negative freeroll (I hope this is the correct term).

Thanks and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

MP1 ($2.00) (Hero)
      MP2 ($2.64)
      MP3 ($0.80)
      CO ($0.25)
      BTN ($2.48)
      SB ($3.08)
      BB ($2.41)
      UTG ($5.97)
      UTG+1 ($0.75)
      UTG+2 ($1.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, 3 folds,

Flop: K:club: , 2:spade: , J:spade: ( $0.25 )
      Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18,

Turn: A:spade: ( $0.61 )
      Hero bets $0.46, BTN calls $0.46,

River: T:diamond: ( $1.53 )
      Hero bets $1.26, BTN calls $1.26,
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

The problem on river is that what worse hand will Call you there? No way there is a pair calling you, even 2pairs will have hard time while FD/SD completed and it's even 1card straight. So basically myself I'd just Check/Fold it without knowing the opponent.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz,

my problem on the river was that on the site where this hand was played, I saw people call with 2pair or sometimes even TP relative frequently (like in this case- he had AT). He was unknow to me, so I'm sure it was a mistake to threat him automatically as a loose caller.

My question is, when exactly is someone pot-committed? This term is used very frequently, but what is the meaning? When I have less than pot size with top set on an extremely dangerous board like this? Or when I have less than half pot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My question is, when exactly is someone pot-committed?

Rather ask yourself if he even would pay you with worse hands. I'd say I rarely see him going to pay us with worse. So therefore for me it's a Check/Fold while I don't expect him to bet with a lot worse hands either. And we ain't pot committed, why should be if we are behind?