[NL2-NL10] NL-2- AA on a dangerous board

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

what about the turn and river?

Flop- standard (I think)

Turn- a flush draw came in, and QT was beating me, but even against those I had outs and I felt I have to protect against 1 spade or T or Q.

River- bad card, but I felt committed so decided for the negative freeroll (I hope this is the correct term).

Thanks and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

MP1 ($2.00) (Hero)
      MP2 ($2.64)
      MP3 ($0.80)
      CO ($0.25)
      BTN ($2.48)
      SB ($3.08)
      BB ($2.41)
      UTG ($5.97)
      UTG+1 ($0.75)
      UTG+2 ($1.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, 3 folds,

Flop: K:club: , 2:spade: , J:spade: ( $0.25 )
      Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18,

Turn: A:spade: ( $0.61 )
      Hero bets $0.46, BTN calls $0.46,

River: T:diamond: ( $1.53 )
      Hero bets $1.26, BTN calls $1.26,
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

The problem on river is that what worse hand will Call you there? No way there is a pair calling you, even 2pairs will have hard time while FD/SD completed and it's even 1card straight. So basically myself I'd just Check/Fold it without knowing the opponent.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz,

my problem on the river was that on the site where this hand was played, I saw people call with 2pair or sometimes even TP relative frequently (like in this case- he had AT). He was unknow to me, so I'm sure it was a mistake to threat him automatically as a loose caller.

My question is, when exactly is someone pot-committed? This term is used very frequently, but what is the meaning? When I have less than pot size with top set on an extremely dangerous board like this? Or when I have less than half pot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My question is, when exactly is someone pot-committed?

Rather ask yourself if he even would pay you with worse hands. I'd say I rarely see him going to pay us with worse. So therefore for me it's a Check/Fold while I don't expect him to bet with a lot worse hands either. And we ain't pot committed, why should be if we are behind?