This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL-2- loose squeese with AT

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think, my play was terrible. Right after I pulled the trigger preflop, I thought it was a bad idea to squeeze. The initial raiser had nearly 60 VPIP in 25 hands, but 0 PFR and the caller was short stacked.

Flop - he donked pot size VERY quickly. So quickly that I was a bit stunned. Thought, this was either a pre-made decision or he hit a monster.

Turn- he was so quick that I didn't have time to even realise what was the turn card. At this point, I was convinced he has a strong hand, very possibly a set of aces.

1. Should I just call preflop and play cautiously postflop with the possibly dominated hand?
      2. Is the flop a clear fold? A big part of his range is beating me and he shows lots of strength...

Thanks and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG ($0.80)
      UTG+1 ($1.95)
      UTG+2 ($2.01)
      MP1 ($2.74)
      MP2 ($0.77)
      MP3 ($0.55)
      CO ($2.00) (Hero)
      BTN ($2.08)
      SB ($2.48)
      BB ($2.00)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, 1 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.19, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.15, 1 folds,

Flop: A:heart: , J:diamond: , 4:heart: ( $0.45 )
      MP1 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45,

Turn: 5:club: ( $1.35 )
      MP1 bets $1.35, 1 folds,
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Preflop: I'd really be rather inclined just to fold the hand. On those limits the squeeze ain't working. :D They are Calling you down with anything and you of course wont ever know where you stand with your hand postflop. But overall of course it ain't a huge mistake if you had some kind of thinking players with normal stats.

As played
      Postflop: Guess I'd just lay it down right on flop vs pot size bet. I don't think that we beat a lot of hands here anyways and it's very likely that he is going to continue on turn.

Best regards.