[NL2-NL10] NL-2- loose squeese with AT

• Dback357

I think, my play was terrible. Right after I pulled the trigger preflop, I thought it was a bad idea to squeeze. The initial raiser had nearly 60 VPIP in 25 hands, but 0 PFR and the caller was short stacked.

Flop - he donked pot size VERY quickly. So quickly that I was a bit stunned. Thought, this was either a pre-made decision or he hit a monster.

Turn- he was so quick that I didn't have time to even realise what was the turn card. At this point, I was convinced he has a strong hand, very possibly a set of aces.

1. Should I just call preflop and play cautiously postflop with the possibly dominated hand?
      2. Is the flop a clear fold? A big part of his range is beating me and he shows lots of strength...

Thanks and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG ($0.80)
      UTG+1 ($1.95)
      UTG+2 ($2.01)
      MP1 ($2.74)
      MP2 ($0.77)
      MP3 ($0.55)
      CO ($2.00) (Hero)
      BTN ($2.08)
      SB ($2.48)
      BB ($2.00)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, 1 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.19, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.15, 1 folds,

Flop: A:heart: , J:diamond: , 4:heart: ( $0.45 )
      MP1 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45,

Turn: 5:club: ( $1.35 )
      MP1 bets $1.35, 1 folds,
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Dback357,

Preflop: I'd really be rather inclined just to fold the hand. On those limits the squeeze ain't working. :D They are Calling you down with anything and you of course wont ever know where you stand with your hand postflop. But overall of course it ain't a huge mistake if you had some kind of thinking players with normal stats.

As played
      Postflop: Guess I'd just lay it down right on flop vs pot size bet. I don't think that we beat a lot of hands here anyways and it's very likely that he is going to continue on turn.

Best regards.