This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH - QQ makes top set and board flushes

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Villain is fishy playing 52/33 over 65 hands. The BB is a nit 9/6 over 70 hands).

$0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $25.00
      SB: $16.94
      BB: $28.69
      UTG: $25.47
      Hero (MP): $27.25
      CO: $56.35

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.35, 3 players) 3:spade: 5:club: 4:spade:
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $3.75, fold, UTG calls $3.75

On the flop nothing but cbet. I should have bet bigger (yes, yes, again) to extract more from flush draws, plus all pairs 66+ are calling (of course lower pairs are also calling but those are crushing me.

Turn: ($12.85, 2 players) Q:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.00, UTG calls $6.00

Turn I could have bet bigger again, but with the nit out of the hand all is happiness to me. I was afraid the Q would scare away 66-JJ pockets, plus I want to get a bit from FD. The plan was bet/broke and shove any non-spade river but I confess I did not have a made plan to a spade river. A donk-shove over a spade river would have been ugly, and valuebetting a spade river would be quite thin.

River: ($24.85, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG bets $6.00, Hero… huh?

So the spade does peel and my opponent donks VERY tiny. Value bet or blockbet? Inducing a bluff? Or betting/broke a lower flush?

Of course no folding here, question is either call or push. But by pushing, what worse hands could call?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you should bet deifnitely bigger on the turn, since I think he would not really fold there anything, since there are so many pair+draw combos that he can have.

Of course no folding here, question is either call or push. But by pushing, what worse hands could call?
      - I´d just call river. He would likely call with two pair hands, but I don´t think you´re ahead 50%