[NL20-NL50] NL25SH - QQ overpair OOP and board gets ugly

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I don’t have many hands on villain, only 130 hands, but so far our CO is your ordinary weakish TAG (25/19). His AF is 1.13 but this is a very small sample.

BTN is fairly unknown so far to the fishy side (80/0 and 0 AF on 10 hands), SB is a big fish (52/12).

PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $5.55
      CO: $28.63
      BTN: $38.22
      SB: $14.30
      BB: $31.01
      Hero (UTG): $27.67

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $1.00, fold, CO calls $1.00, BTN calls $1.00, SB calls $0.90, fold

Flop: ($4.25, 4 players) 9:spade: 7:spade: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50, fold, fold

On such a wet board and vs. 3 villains I have no choice but to cbet. Cbetting small is as good as checking, so I went a tiny bit to the bigger side even though not happily bloating the pot out of position, even though I expect the fishes to have pretty much anything and call very light (that would make a huge pot leaving me close to a turn shove).

Turn: ($11.25, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets $7.00, CO raises to $24.13 and is all-in, [/b]Hero grabs an Oreo cookie and tanks… [/b]

The turn is, I think, very close between betting and checking. I went for the bet as not all that many draws got there (only the unlikely T8). I expected to extract from flush draws and something like T9 etc., but now thinking coldly I guess it was not a good bet OOP without a clear river plan. Should the board stay like that (say a 2 of hearts peeled), I’d probably check/call river.

BUT he shoves the turn. Again I didn’t expect him to shove light or as a bluff. By the way, his WSF is a mere 18% so far, but then again, small sample. He might be shoving a draw, or a combo draw. But he represents all the sets. I don’t see many two pairs in his range. I don’t expect him to have less than FD+one overcard, and maybe even that he might play passively, so I thought I am either slightly ahead or way behind.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If I´d bet turn I´d b/c, since he can have there so many pair+draw type hands that he is shoving. But generally I think c/rai is a little better option that you would very often do a lot more than betting on the turn