[NL2-NL10] NL4 QQh on pure heart-flop

• adragonro
      Hi, i have some problems here.
      Preflop is clear I think. MP is midstack and is most of the time dominated by queens. CO will mostly have a pocketpair I think.
      On the flop I bet for value and very little for protection, because of the Q of hearts. but then the CO pushes. ?(
      What deos it mean when V plays call/call preflop and pushes on that flop?

Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,16, CO calls $0,16, BU folds, Hero raises to $0,60, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,44, CO calls $0,44.

Flop: ($1,84) 8:heart: , 3:heart: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,92, MP3 raises to $1,17 (All-In), CO raises to $3,41 (All-In), Hero calls $2,49.

Turn: ($9,83) 5:spade:
      River: ($9,83) 9:club: (3 players)

Final Pot: $9,83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Jh Jc)
      CO shows a pair of kings (Kh Ks)
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)

CO wins with a pair of kings (Kh Ks)

I thank you! :D
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Hello adragonro,

Even if you bet that smallish on flop I'd be rather inclined to fold the hand. We might be already pretty much drawing dead vs sets/better FDs.

I'd myself bet ~$1,20.

Best regards.
    • adragonro
      Thank you veriz!

So to be drawing dead against some hands brings us to fold in this situation, right!? Even if there are still some hands in his range which could be beaten by us.

We have PO of 2:1
      And with that range: KK+,33,88,AhKh we need 2,6:1.

Even if we put AhKx into his range we don't have the right odds ( 2,3:1 ).

Is the range ok or did I miss something? :f_cool:
    • veriz
      As you may see that CO rather just limps in. It could be very likely rather a set. Just amazing how people play their KK. :D If he plays KK this way then he might even sometimes play something like JJ as well. But more often I'd fold myself, we will see anyways his hand.