Technical Question: Black Screen appears instead of videos.

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have been unable to watch strategy videos or any video on this site for the past few days. However I dont have any problems watching videos on Youtube or streaming stuff. When I come to watch a video here all that appears is a black screen instead of the video. Sometimes before the black screen appears I can see link that reads: Get Adobe Flash. I have reinstalled the flash player several times. I have changed browsers from Explorer to Google Chrome and still no luck, but yet videos on any other site are working fine =/. Anyone else experienced this issue in this past and found a solution?

EDIT: The videos are not working on my other cpu either. Could it be the site that is having issues?

Thanks!
  • 9 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Charmander06,

The videos appear to be working ok for me (Firefox) but also tried IE and working ok.

Not really my area of expertise though I'm afraid, maybe a more technically minded member can help out or had previous experience, failing that I will flag it up with PokerStrategy.com's IT guys on Monday for you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • moomies
      moomies
      Bronze
      im having the same problem. using firefox, chrome on vista.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      Hey guys,

I have been unable to watch strategy videos or any video on this site for the past few days. However I dont have any problems watching videos on Youtube or streaming stuff. When I come to watch a video here all that appears is a black screen instead of the video. Sometimes before the black screen appears I can see link that reads: Get Adobe Flash. I have reinstalled the flash player several times. I have changed browsers from Explorer to Google Chrome and still no luck, but yet videos on any other site are working fine =/. Anyone else experienced this issue in this past and found a solution?

EDIT: The videos are not working on my other cpu either. Could it be the site that is having issues?

Thanks!

Your PC (not CPU, that's central processor unit) is missing something.
      IT could be various things, starting with your graphic card drivers if you have any?
      The thing with flash is that it uses lots of other various things out from your operating system/PC including adobe libraries and graphic card libraries to provide you with the content of the video that is being previewed over the flash plugins.

It is very hard to say what your PC is missing, try updating your graphic drivers and tell me which operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64bit?
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      Hey guys,

Thanks!

Your PC (not CPU, that's central processor unit) is missing something.
      IT could be various things, starting with your graphic card drivers if you have any?
      The thing with flash is that it uses lots of other various things out from your operating system/PC including adobe libraries and graphic card libraries to provide you with the content of the video that is being previewed over the flash plugins.

It is very hard to say what your PC is missing, try updating your graphic drivers and tell me which operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64bit?

Hey! I just updated my Nvidia graphic card driver and the videos are now working!!! :D :D thanks a lot Zhusy
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Brilliant :)

Thanks zhusy for helping fix the problem here and CHARMANDER06 if you need any help again you know what to do :)

All the best
      Carl
    • Jade333
      Jade333
      Bronze
      Hi, I have tried everything recommended. Including updating my video driver and the videos still don't work.

I don't even get to a black screen. I just get the "Download Flash Player" message.

I have tried getting the newest player. I tried all the troubleshooting steps for watching videos in another article. Is there some kind person out there who can help me?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Jade333,

i will move your thread in the video section where hopefully our video gurus can help.

smiles,
      wendy
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Jade333
      Hi, I have tried everything recommended. Including updating my video driver and the videos still don't work.

I don't even get to a black screen. I just get the "Download Flash Player" message.

I have tried getting the newest player. I tried all the troubleshooting steps for watching videos in another article. Is there some kind person out there who can help me?
      He Jade333,

do Youtube-Videos work for you?
      How fast is your internet connection? Sometimes it takes a bit longer to start loading.
      Have you tried another browser?
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Try to disable Hardware Acceleration in your flash player(Right click on flash video to get Adobe Flash settings, disable hardware acceleration).