$4.08
      UTG1:
      $2.51
      Hero:
      $1.92
      MP2:
      $1.75

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.33) 5:club: , 2:heart: , 2:spade: (4 players)
      BB bets $0.06, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.84 (All-In), BB calls $1.34.

Turn: ($4.01) 2:club:
      River: ($4.01) A:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qd Qc)
      BB shows a full-house, fives full of deuces (5h 5d)

BB wins with a full-house, fives full of deuces (5h 5d)

Would appreciate some feedback on this hand, should i be 3-betting preflop, also then his bet on the flop just looks so weak, so re-raise to just over 3x, then he re-raise 2.5x, so atm im really confused by his small weak bet then his 4-bet, so i decide shoving would be the best thing??
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Even if you raise it on flop then you should very likely just fold to his 3bet (most likely a trap). You most likely are beat there. But rather ask the question if you are raising it on and wanting to go broke then why you don't just raise it preflop?

Best regards.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Thankyou and i will defo post most hands now i have elephant up and running.

I realise now that i think i should have 3-bet preflop as i think im willing to go broke with QQ, and on the flop, i couldnt really understand if i was ahead or behind, due to his small bet, which screamed weakness to me, then his re-raise which screamed strength, this kinda confused me as i thought i arguably played the hand correctly till the flop according to the articles on here which im trying to learn.

So then i was faced with a tough decision, and i thought that if i just called, i would eventually end up all in by the river anyway, so decided a shove on the flop would be best, which i realise now wasnt the best decision.

Do you think 66-JJ would have played the same way veriz, to which im beating?

Also would KK/AA play this way aswell, or when he re-raises does it just scream that he has a 2 or 55.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Do you think 66-JJ would have played the same way veriz, to which im beating?

Rarely doubt that he would take such a min-donk/min-3bet line with very weak PPs. So therefore it's often a trap. :( Often times it's safer to lay down the hand than go broke without even knowing either the opponent is capable of spewing away his money.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ok thanks alot