This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

A2 vs A3

    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2009 Posts: 417
      I became interested in a matchup between A2 and A3 (all different suits).

      The a [ecited by thazar] Poker hand calculator gave A3 a 27.99% and A2 a 22.13% chance of winning, with a 49.88% chance for a tie. Now, how is that possible? What advantage does A3 hold against A2 to be roughly 6% ahead of it?
  • 6 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      they're wrong
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      it's pretty thin but A3 has one blocker for 3456 while A2 doesn't block 4567. I don't get it either tbh :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      Hi Styr

      I removed the link since we provide a equity calculator:

      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/6/

      here is the result with it:


      http://www.PokerStrategy.com
      Operation completed... 328,762,368 games processed in 0 seconds.

      Board:
      Dead:

      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 47.039 % 22.607 % 48.864 % 28.530 % A2s, A2o
      Player 2: 52.961 % 28.530 % 48.864 % 22.607 % A3s, A3o


      ----------------------------------------
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 1,213
      Originally posted by Styr
      I became interested in a matchup between A2 and A3 (all different suits).

      The a [ecited by thazar] Poker hand calculator gave A3 a 27.99% and A2 a 22.13% chance of winning, with a 49.88% chance for a tie. Now, how is that possible? What advantage does A3 hold against A2 to be roughly 6% ahead of it?
      Because if 2 and 3 comes, then A3 wins, Or if 22 and 33 comes, A3 wins. Simple as that.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Joined: 21.01.2010 Posts: 1,193
      Pretty much what he sad. When ever you both pair your kickers the A3 wins.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.04.2011 Posts: 711
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Originally posted by Styr
      I became interested in a matchup between A2 and A3 (all different suits).

      The a [ecited by thazar] Poker hand calculator gave A3 a 27.99% and A2 a 22.13% chance of winning, with a 49.88% chance for a tie. Now, how is that possible? What advantage does A3 hold against A2 to be roughly 6% ahead of it?
      Because if 2 and 3 comes, then A3 wins, Or if 22 and 33 comes, A3 wins. Simple as that.
      Or if 222 and 333 come.... oh wait