23 suited :)

• 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Im not joking but 23 suited has been a highly valuable hand for me.I have lost count the amount of times i have doubled up with it including twice today.The flush draw nearly always gets there and if theres a st8 draw on flop so does that.

If the flop does not suit then easy fold.In contrast i have probably lost more with Aces and especially Kings then i have won.Poker is a strange game.
  • 10 replies
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Yes, I usually just fold AA and KK and only play low suited connectors, they are way more profitable as they make stronger hands post flop
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Silver
      I am having the worst run with KK. Lost the last 4 pre-flop all-ins, to 3 outers, usually on the river.

I do get what you mean though, AA/KK can be really hard to let go of, whereas small suited-connectors are hard to lose a lot of money with.

However, be careful with the flush draw, you'd have the anti-nut flush every time
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Saruniks,who says i use that strategy.I am merely pointing out a strange part of my poker history.My all in with Kings i lose most of the time,variance i dont think so.Over the last 2 years i have lost more money with kings all in against other hands and yes that is mostly pairs under kings.

I dont go mad with low suited connectors but i find them great to use as they often bust big hands and u can easily fold if u dont connect.

My point is i have made way more money with them then i have lost and do people really make much money online with the big pairs.I dont,i play them aggressively and get ks and aces in pre flop if i can but over time i have lost using this strategy i reckon.

Bennisboy,dont worry im careful with them regards flush.I can tell if they have a made hand or they too are also drawing.

I am serious and that includes 3 times to day i doubled up using them.A very nice profit from them.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      :facepalm:
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      what limits are you playing?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Originally posted by 1984ioc
      Saruniks,who says i use that strategy.I am merely pointing out a strange part of my poker history.My all in with Kings i lose most of the time,variance i dont think so.Over the last 2 years i have lost more money with kings all in against other hands and yes that is mostly pairs under kings.

I dont go mad with low suited connectors but i find them great to use as they often bust big hands and u can easily fold if u dont connect.

My point is i have made way more money with them then i have lost and do people really make much money online with the big pairs.I dont,i play them aggressively and get ks and aces in pre flop if i can but over time i have lost using this strategy i reckon.

Bennisboy,dont worry im careful with them regards flush.I can tell if they have a made hand or they too are also drawing.

I am serious and that includes 3 times to day i doubled up using them.A very nice profit from them.
      I'd like to see graphs with KK losing over large sample @showdown

and same thing with 23s

but if it works for you why not :)

Regards

Thazar
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Hey Thazar,i don't use a HUD at all.While i plan to get one soon i am reasonably happy with my game.I joined PS a few weeks ago and am platinum already.I play 0.05/0.10 blinds on Ladbrokes.This month i topped the points list for that level.15,000 overall,reached VIP status and thanks to their bonus 40% rake deal i got 210 euros today which for playing at that level is good i think.This is going back to poker after a few months break with new account etc.

While my memory isn't perfect i am pretty sure that i am in the red with regards Kings and maybe Aces and this weekend they were cracked so many times.I know this 23 suited thing sounds weird but it is has been very profitable for me lately.Over this weekend alone i have made a healthy profit with them.My point really is that its just weird,thats all

I have the hand checker on but can't seem to copy and paste the hand details.Do you know why this is?
    • Kstas
      Kstas
      Bronze
      Well, include me in the club that says that sc are far more profitable!!It sounds a bit odd but at least in me they will bring a straight or a flush!!!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      I am not talking about a HUD, I am talking about a stat analysis software (HEM, PT3, Elephant) just to import hands and give statistics over a decent sample. Not some selective memory over an unknown sample which is completely irrelevant
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      i must admit that i am not depressed when i see AA or KK