This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, QQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.11
      Hero:
      $2.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.02.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 9:club: , 7:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.84, Hero raises to $2.02 (All-In), BB calls $1.17 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($4.25) 2:club:
      River: ($4.25) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and sevens (Qh Qd)
      BB shows (5d 5c)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and sevens (Qh Qd)

hey veriz, how did i play this hand?

i thought because his play seemed fairly tight preflop (although over a small sample of hands) the only hands that he might have would be A7, AA, KK, 77. which means that he's likely to have a lot more dominated hands. he could easily play like that with flopped trips but he could also play like that with any overpair and maybe even middle pair. i did feel like i turned my hand into a bluff because i didn't particularly want him to call but i didn't think it was likely he had a 7. was this wrong and should i have folded to the reraise or played it the way i did? i feel like i play too nitty so im trying to change that.
  • 1 reply