This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh j6 2 pair

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villain is pretty much unknown, but over few hands fishy style of play.

I don't really see villian shoving with the nuts here? Maybe just a J, or some kind of draw?

Is a call ok here, since I have top 2 so even at worst i'm against a FD and have outs? Likely villian isn't playing JJ this way.

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.40)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($2.90)
      UTG+1 ($2.49)
      CO ($1.09)
      BTN ($1.60)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: J:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.08) 6:heart: J:spade: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $2.47 (AI), SB folds, Hero calls $1.92 (AI)

TURN ($4.04) 6:heart: J:spade: 5:heart: 4:spade:

RIVER ($4.04) 6:heart: J:spade: 5:heart: 4:spade: 2:heart:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

While it's just a freeplay pot I do really like to fold my hand rather to make the hero-calls while I don't even know the opponent. Of course his shove doesn't make sense but do you really think he would just shove with Jx in freeplay pot+multiway?

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      But there's not much currently beating me is there? Apart from JJ, 55,66, i'm surely ahead against his range of jx's, fds, sd's and worse 2 pair?

But yeah, I realise about the freeplay pot so can save a lot of money without investing much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, in those freeplay pots I rarely go broke with just 2pairs unless I really know that the opponent is spewing away his money. Also I expect him to even ship there with sets to protect the board while we are in multiway pot.