[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh ak

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villain is 55/42/2.2 agg. 21% wts, 0% w$sd, but small sample i suppose (very)

If I call the turn I'm commited, and against his range I'm probably infront, so is a shove here ok? Also get max FE against draws which he might lay down now. Although he's betting pretty strong flop and continuing it on turn.

Thoughts here then?

edit: I think I should have 3bet pf anyway, small raise + can do it for value easily.

Thanks man

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.25)
      Hero ($3.72)
      UTG ($5)
      CO ($3.23)
      BTN ($5.08)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, fold, BTN calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.24) 6:club: A:spade: 9:club:

SB bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, BTN folds

TURN ($0.58) 6:club: A:spade: 9:club: 3:spade:

SB bets $0.42, Hero raises to $3.47 (AI), SB calls $1.58 (AI)

RIVER ($4.58) 6:club: A:spade: 9:club: 3:spade: K:heart:
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: Yep, I'd rather prefer to 3bet it here. He doesn't even seem to be a very nitty player.

As played
      Postflop: Do you think he is capable of going broke with a lot worse? Myself I am not really huge fan of shipping it there but of course it's doable if you consider him easily go broke there with just some Ax hand. But overall it shouldn't be a huge mistake to ship it there while he may easily hold draws/Ax hands.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Do you think he is capable of going broke with a lot worse? Myself I am not really huge fan of shipping it there but of course it's doable if you consider him easily go broke there with just some Ax hand.
      I'd like to say yes, but I think you're right here.

I think I need to calm down a little bit going broke on just TP, or it's going to be a bit of a problem.

Better to call turn re-evaluate river?

Lucky I just ran like fire last night and sucked out on him (he had a6).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Better to call turn re-evaluate river?

While he was the PFA then I really expect even to play with some Ax hands this way. Therefore it shouldn't be a huge mistake actually as you ship it there, at least protect from any kind of draws but just the problem is if he would consider calling with worse Ax hands?

Also how would you play hands like AJ/AQ in this spot?
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Also how would you play hands like AJ/AQ in this spot?
      I know if I was villain with AJ/AQ I would bet same as him on flop, and the same again on turn, but I would fold to the shove.

But if someone just called my turn bet I would be a bit worried and possibly check/fold river to them depending on the card
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      This should give a small idea as well how you should consider playing. :) But lets now take the opposite and you have AQo/AJo yourself.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      hmm kinda hard one...

Preflop: Don't think I'll ever get away from it PF (should I?) just because I can play IP against the SB who is a pretty big fish. So I could even play there as I should play AK and 3bet for value since we know if we hit we are pretty well ahead against his range

Flop:

I would call the flop, no point raising in multiway with the draws on the table, only iso'ing against strong hands and getting rid of bluffs.

Turn:

Hmm... While I know he isn't that aggressive and is 2nd barrelling here on quite a dangerous board I don't think I would ship in this position, just because kicker could be beat but also against this kind of player he probably won't give up his draws and I could be pretty far behind. So maybe best option is to fold for safety, but calling should be ok to re-evaluate on river with the J kicker?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Most likely with AQ/AJ the problem is that you don't beat that many hands and here would be practically a good spot where I would consider folding on turn. AK at least has the opportunity that there is a small chance him having AQ/AJ. But what do you beat with AJ or even AQ?
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Most likely with AQ/AJ the problem is that you don't beat that many hands and here would be practically a good spot where I would consider folding on turn. AK at least has the opportunity that there is a small chance him having AQ/AJ. But what do you beat with AJ or even AQ?
      True.

I suppose even a player with these stats wouldn't really barrel a lower kicker, and also if he does then it's much more likely 2 pair and i'm maybe beat that way.

Thanks for the opinions on this hand!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Congrats becoming a moderator. :)
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze

But don't think I'll slack on posting hands now, I still need your help :f_love:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Feel free to post as many as you want. :)