the zone

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Ok had one of those sessions,when I could just see the cards.Made the moves at all the right times,except 1. Never got my money in bad,when it was crucial.

Variance or focus, honestly never had a lot of good hands,just seemed to know how to win the max or lose the min.And stay alive on the SS.

Any thoughts. ev $5buy-ins cashes 25.50
  • 5 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey man, kind of confused by this.

What is it you actually want to know? Are you talking about the bubble in a tournament?
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Just commenting on the nature of the game really.Why are there days when we can just seem to do no wrong/or very little and the next day we can't win to save our lives.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Unfortunately its just part of the game gotta suck it up and move on work on your mindset so beats don't bother you, the only thing that should be important is that you are getting your money in good this way you will be winning the long run :)

Keep reviewing your game to make sure you plug any leaks you may have too

Carl
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I know what your talking about.

A few times over the last year I have entered 4 or more mtt's simultaneously and went into a state of mind similar to what you have described where everything you do is just right for that situation. It's like you just go into a daze and you don't really notice what is going on around you then you snap out of it suddenly and realise you have won a tournament and got the the final table on 2 others.

I also have the opposite sometimes where every little thing going on just annoys me like if someone is playing music in the next room or a dog barks outside and nothing goes right on the poker table.

I don't know how you get into the zone but I wish I did and could make it happen more often.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      IMO its just how you feel on the day you can start a session and before long you know if you are playing your A game or not if you're not playing A game then why not is it something you can change or are you just not feeling like playing that day if thats the case then stop :) Do some reviews of sessions or post some hands in hand eval forums do something constructive instead of carrying on playing your B or C game and slowly bleeding money away.