This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, KJ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.81
      MP2:
      $2.64
      Hero:
      $2.61

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) K:spade: , J:heart: , 7:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.24) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.64) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.34 (All-In), Hero calls $2.31 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Kh 6c)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and jacks (Kd Jd)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and jacks (Kd Jd)

hey. i felt very out of my comfort zone just calling him down but his bets were quite large and i thought if i did have the best hand then he will be paying me off quite nicely. the problem for me was that in situations like this im usually way behind, probably against a set or something. either way, the guy struck me as quite a maniac - not only his stats but he was raising utg with J6o on another hand and he was betting with anything. should i have called the all in since i was playing passively?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Just isolate here and take the initiative. :)

As played
      Postflop: Don't like the Calldown that much unless I know that he might do that even with 2pairs or even spew away his money. Rather raise at some spot than make the hero-call on river. Most often if you are against unknown you will see very strong hand vs you rather than just worse 2pairs.

Best regards.