Stack
      SB:
      $1.81
      MP2:
      $2.64
      Hero:
      $2.61

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) K:spade: , J:heart: , 7:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.24) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.64) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.34 (All-In), Hero calls $2.31 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Kh 6c)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and jacks (Kd Jd)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and jacks (Kd Jd)

hey. i felt very out of my comfort zone just calling him down but his bets were quite large and i thought if i did have the best hand then he will be paying me off quite nicely. the problem for me was that in situations like this im usually way behind, probably against a set or something. either way, the guy struck me as quite a maniac - not only his stats but he was raising utg with J6o on another hand and he was betting with anything. should i have called the all in since i was playing passively?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Just isolate here and take the initiative. :)

As played
      Postflop: Don't like the Calldown that much unless I know that he might do that even with 2pairs or even spew away his money. Rather raise at some spot than make the hero-call on river. Most often if you are against unknown you will see very strong hand vs you rather than just worse 2pairs.

Best regards.