something is seriously wrong

• 17 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi Alexdangeros,

Sorry to read that you're having a bad run at the minute. It happens to us all from time to time and sometimes it's best to take a break for a day or two to get over it.

I, myself have taken many breaks from the game when I realised that I wasn't making the best decisions or to put it simple - playing terribly!

As many forum members will agree 11k hands is not really a significant sample size to make any statements. As long as you are making the right decisions and getting the money in as favourite you are playing correctly and in the long run you will reap the rewards!

Poker is not about 11k hands, it's about a lifetime of hands.

So if you're feeling upset/down I suggest to taking a break until you feel better again, then come back and print some $$$

All the best and hope you start to run better soon,

Gary
    • Alexdangeros
      Alexdangeros
      Bronze
      thank you for your nice words.
      I would want to know if other people experience same thing like me here where i play now.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      No problem at all Alex we are always here to help out if you need us!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Doesnt matter where you play, even 100k hands is like one step on a long walk.
    • nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      Just take a break mate. Look at your HH where you went wrong and keep playing positive poker.
      I've just started on 888 and I feel like I can crush 3c/6c if playing good.
      Sh!t does happen like AA v 88, allin on the flop and board comes xxx x8, but you just gotta realise you made the right play and jump back on the horse.

Good luck OP. Keep grinding.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Share hand on the forums, try to improve even where you are absolutely sure you did well.

After that, just take the time and catch the fish.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Loving the positivity here guys, as always the English Community takes care of each other.

Hope you can turn the tide soon Alex,

All the best,
      Gary
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i've played perhaps 20,000 hands of 0.02 full ring cash in the last year or so on 888 and i feel ok about the rng,it's more realistic than any of the other sites i've played.
    • Kstas
      Kstas
      Bronze
      Well, i had some bizzare expiriencies at 888, but i think its just variance and nothing more.I sugest take a break for about a weak and then return, but dont start tilting due to badbeats.Just my friendly opinion :P
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by LONGPLAY66
      i've played perhaps 20,000 hands of 0.02 full ring cash in the last year or so on 888 and i feel ok about the rng,it's more realistic than any of the other sites i've played.
      I don't know much about RNGs, but I query whether you can have one RNG that is more realistic than another. What I mean to say is either it is truly random or it's not. If it's truly random then it's "realistic", surely?

Anyway, in response to the original poster, 11,000 hands is actually a fairly small sample so try not to put too much weight on it. it is certainly possible to endure what seems like an impossible number of bad beats over the short (or even medium) term. Post some of the hands where you were not sure about your moves and get some advice.

Good luck!
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i guess the point im making is degrees of "manipulation" of rng's.....i've played around 100,000 hands of full ring micro cash in the last 4 years spread over 5 or 6 different sites,there are stand-out differences in what i've seen when comparing the sites rng "offerings".....888 poker is the least dubious ive found and i have no suspicions about card manipulation on that site.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Fold preflop. Win-Win situation :D
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I know its only 55K hands but I didnt have too many problems

• Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      I know its only 55K hands but I didnt have too many problems

What nl? And I assume you don't play over PS since you are bronze :D
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Yeah NL6 - 50 FR, I played until I moved my roll over to FT cos I was gonna get rakeback there. Then black friday. Playing on stars now, not tracked until i can transfer my role back.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Again people are trying to see patterns where there are simply none. A RNG as it's name implies generate randomness so there wont be a RNG that is more realistic than another. Some might have a greater degree of randomness but I think it is nearly certain than any online poker RNG from respectable online poker rooms will have a much higher degree of randomness than any manual or electronic real life shuffler (at least IMO)
    • florinallin
      florinallin
      Bronze
      ty guys for your good words. I'll take a week off and i'll post again the results when i'll have 50k hands.