CO: $5.92 (~250)26/1
      BTN: $6.05
      SB: $3.25 unknown
      BB: $6.00
      UTG: $6.66
      UTG+1: $7.44 (~200)23/6

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.24, CO calls $0.24, fold, SB raises to $0.85, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.61, Hero raises to $6.61, CO calls $5.68, SB calls $2.40, fold

Flop: ($16.00, 3 players) J:club: 9:club: A:heart:

Turn: ($16.00, 3 players) 2:heart:

River: ($16.00, 3 players) 8:diamond:

Hero shows Q:club: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (PreFlop 52%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
      CO shows K:club: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 42%, Flop 94%, Turn 98%)
      SB shows A:diamond: Q:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 6%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      CO wins $10.04
      CO wins $5.02

Hi coach!!!
      what do u think about this hand?
      I didn't want to 3B preflop because of UTG+1 stats so I cold called. As u can see he was very tight player. But action after that was quite interesting. SB with almost 50bb 3B and UTG+1 just called... My deduction was very simply. UTG+1 didn't have AA and KK so I was in good shape... Player on the CO I didn't have to afraid... and SB wasn't full stack so go broke with QQ isn't big mistake and his 3B range I think is very wide. What do u think about this move? Do u think that my deduction was correct?
  • 7 replies
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      mistake
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Don't like it that much. He can practically even trap you and try to invite you to join the pot. I'd just give up the hand while SB may easily even have a lot stronger hand and we might get at the best a flip.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so when can I consider going broke with QQ. Vs what kind of stack if u tell me that 50bb isn't good enough? I did it only because I was sure that utg didn't have premium hand and SB was on 50bb...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      so when can I consider going broke with QQ. Vs what kind of stack if u tell me that 50bb isn't good enough? I did it only because I was sure that utg didn't have premium hand and SB was on 50bb...
      But UTG doesn't have 50BB. :) If I would be only against SB then sure why not to go broke. But while the UTG is in the pot as well it's at the best a coinflip. Often enough our QQ ain't good enough here, either vs UTG we might get a flip but against SB we might be easily even behind unless we know better him.

UTG has a PFR of 6% so this surely doesn't mean that he doesn't have the premium hand but it's still a bigger chance that he does while 6% PFR is really small one.

But practically overall if you want to take the flip spot it ain't a huge mistake to go for it.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      NO. Of course I don't want to take a flip because I only cc UTG raise. I was aware of that UTG is very tight player so I called.
      But... do u think that UTG could only call with AA or KK? In my opinion is impossible to be so crafty.
      BTW... if UTG folded in this situation, can I go broke with SB?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      do u think that UTG could only call with AA or KK?

Most likely if he is rather nitty player. If we are talking about the shove. Maybe at the best AK or something similar.

BTW... if UTG folded in this situation, can I go broke with SB?

Just ship it, vs that kind of stack I'd go broke. He may raise with a lot of hands while those people on those limits just overplay their hands and without any specific reads I'd go broke. QQ is still too strong to fold vs him as unknown not full stack.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      do u think that UTG could only call with AA or KK?

Most likely if he is rather nitty player. If we are talking about the shove. Maybe at the best AK or something similar.
      ok. I've just understood this situation. If he called 3B he had a hand. Even if he hadn't hands like AA or KK and he had AK I would have coin flip, if he called.