Mission Impossibru!!! - Succes is my only mother****ing option, failure is not!

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze

[spoiler]
      TEXT WALL
      :spade: Me :spade:

Hello fellow PokerStrategy.com members. My name's Haris, I'm from Lithuania. I am member of this wonderful community since March 28th, 2011. I am playing NL2 at Everest. At the moment I living Poker style :f_biggrin: I wake up, play 1h30min Morning session, I analyse my game, post some hands. Then, I read some articles, and after couple of hours, I play Day session, same thing 1h30min, analysing and posting some hands. And Evening session. So i play about 1.5k hands per day.

I'm kinda of Memebase freak :coolface: Checking it every free minute :megusta:

I like listening to music. The thing is, I can't listen to one kind of music for a long time.. If I found something I like, then, I listen to it again and again and again, till i don't want to hear it anymore. In this way, I listened to a lot of music.. Country, Rock etc.. I was obsessed with Paramore once :f_biggrin:

:spade: Poker and Me :spade:

Before I joined PS, I already had a little experience with poker. I tried my luck in SnG's. I, actually, took that really seriously back then, but probably not serious enough. Somehow I managed to go broke. After this I quit this poker thing for a while. After sometime, one of my friends, invited me to zynga's poker on Facebook, I joined, and started owning SnG's there. Soon, i had like 20+ Million chips there, was quite proud of that, and friends were really jealous :f_biggrin: Then they start telling me, like, why don't you play online, for real money, and etc. At first I keep telling them, that "real money" is much harder than Zynga, but then, I decided to try again. I was quite tired of SnG's, as I played a lot of them on Zynga. So, I decided to join PS, and take free starting capital ( I knew about it from somewhere on the internet ). And this time I decided to play cash on Full Tilt.

So, I started with BSS, at FR tables. I was playing with a little profit. But mostly of bonuses FT had, I've raised my BR to something about 100$. Then, I decided to switch to SH tables. Mostly because of the reason that, "when I raise my aces, everybody folds" :f_biggrin: Yeah, i was feeling that way, back then. And i knew heard before, that in SH, everybody raises anything from any position and that's probably fun :f_biggrin: So, I didn't even wait for something, and without reading any articles I jumped in it. Opened couple of tables, and started, literally, "raise anything from any position". You can guess how it went for me :D Lucky me, I was smart enough to quit tables, and start reading articles about it.

So, at this point, I started read articles and watch videos, a lot. That really helped my game. So, when I headed back to the tables, at first days, I've caught nice upswing, then "nice" downswing, and then starting to go up little by little. Raised my BR to 140$. So i decided to go up, and try NL5. I went back down soon, because I was not sure with my game, and was a little scared, because of bigger sums, and etc. So i decided to go back to NL2, and go up again when I'll have 160$. And, not luckily enough, I started, somehow to go down. I went down to 120$ and and this point FT crashed. I lost my BR.

I knew that I had to do something, and to do FAST, because I was at the BSS school (and am now), and I need to play, to finish it. I tried to get any of free BR, PS were offering, but only managed to get Cake's Poker 10$ for FL. Then, I saw First Aid's free BR at Everest. I took it, and after some troubles, ID checking, a lot of chatting with Everest and PS support (PS support is AWESOME) I finally got it, and started putting volume. So, long story short, I'm running pretty good:

In 10 days (3 of them I almost didn't played at all) I managed to almost double my starting 50$

:spade: Mission Impossibru! :spade:

So what this "impossibru" thing is about? In coming two years, I'll have a lot of freetime. So i realized that I can invest all this time, to something useful. And that's what this Mission is all about : NL200 in two years. Actually, at the moment, I'm not really sure. Two years, is it much or little to reach NL200? But we'll see ;)

:diamond: 2012 05 28 :diamond:

It's close to a full year since I created this blog. I have my ups and downs, and decided to sum everything up in nice and clear first post.

:diamond: 2011 08 01 :diamond:
      Created this blog with an intention to update my progress often, to keep me motivated. This blog is some sort of a challenge, too. In two years, I have to reach NL200.

:diamond: 2011 09 17 :diamond:
      On this date there was my last post of 2011 on this blog. I got into a phase when I just couldn't play any more poker. Motivation was gone. And so just after one and a half month I was still in NL2, and weren't even trying to go up for about 3 months.

:diamond: 2012 01 16 :diamond:
      Deposited 30$, at Stars this time. Everest's software made me puke at that time.

:diamond: 2012 03 04 :diamond:
      Moved up a limit first time in my carrier. Grinding NL5 now.

:diamond: 2012 05 28 :diamond:
      At the time of this first post update, I'm still playing NL5, but about to take shots at NL10. Bankrol ATM is 478$, but I've deposited 100$ for bonus and cleared 80$ of it. So I will withdraw about 250$ after I will clear last 20$ of my bonus, because I need money for my driving license, and of course - for bragging rights :f_biggrin:
  • 134 replies
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Good luck mate!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blog section staktas and good luck! =)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Thanks to both of you. Today I'll take BSS Basic School exam, so I'll need luck. This school helped me A LOT, and my game improved a lot, too. There will be more advanced school after this one, and I am definetly joining it.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      gl mate !
      where did you found this BSS poker school ?:)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Click on my Nick, and you will see group that I am in. Sadly, but it's about to end.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      So first day of this month ain't so good for me. Played two sessions today. First one, i played about 600 hands, and were down 3BI, so i had to stop playing because of stop-loss limit. I decided that I'll play later, if, i will feel like i want to play. Because my mindset is always screwed then I'm in red.

I skipped Day's session, and only played in evening. This time I played 800 hands more, and ended up one more BI down. So, I'm 4BI down for today.

BTW, I took BSS School Final exam today, passed it. Waiting for results.

Starting bankroll: 95.02$
      Bankroll ATM: 86,70$
      Today: -8.32$
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Played 1 session today already. About 400 hands. 2BI down again... I have football match today in the evening, so I'm not sure if will play any more. If i won't feel very tired after match, i will.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      [x] Subscribed

Best of luck in your journey staktas. I wish you every possible success!

Gary
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Thank you very much. Support means very much to me.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Well my friend you can count on the support of the many English Community members around this great Forum.

You could always get involved in the blogs of other players too and maybe set up sweat sessions with players at your level.

It can be a great way of improving both your game and the game of your sweat partners also.

Wish you the best of luck,

Gary
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Well, sweat sessions is thing, I have never had any experience with it before. But it would be nice to try it.

Talking about poker. Played not much today. Two sessions - 727 hands. After first session, as I already said before, I was 2BI down. After my footbal match (which we won :f_biggrin: ), I got back home, and played video games with my lil brother till late night.. I still decided to jump in tables for a couple hundred of hands, as I still find some fishies. In this session I managed to win 3BI, so I am 1BI up for the day.

Bankroll ATM: 88,65$
      Today: 1.97$
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Nice hand from today's first session:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.07
      CO:
      $2.65
      Hero:
      $2.04

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, SB folds, BB calls $0.14, CO raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $1.01, BB folds, CO calls $0.73.

Flop: ($2.19) K:heart: , K:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.19) J:club: (2 players)
      CO raises $1.64 (All-In), Hero calls $1.03 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4.25) 3:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (As Qd)
      Hero shows four-of-a-kind, kings (Ks Kc)

Hero wins with four-of-a-kind, kings (Ks Kc)

Decided to slowplay on the flop, because if he had aces, we'll get it in either way, and this way i let him bluf and/or improve his hand :)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Looks like I'll need to re-do BSS exam. No big deal actually, I enjoyed doing it. Will probably do it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I played three sessions today - 1439 hands. After first session i was 1.5BI down. But i managed to end up today more than 2BI up. So it was pretty good day today. Read few articles, and started watching "Crushing NL50" series, again. I already started watching them before FTP went down, but as i had a little brake from poker, i forget some things, so i'll rewatch those episodes too. Todays' report:

Bankroll ATM: 93,29$
      Today: 4.72$
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Played only two sessions today, because I needed to re-do BSS School Exam. This time they got my answers :) So, two sessions - 859 hands. First session ended up being -1BI. On second session I was 1.5BI up, but ended it only 0.5 BI up. Any up is better than down :f_biggrin:

Bankroll ATM: 94,36$
      Today: 1.19$

Also, I have almost 1/3 Summit points required for First VIP rank, already. I think, I might even reach 2nd rank, but we'll see.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Had a little pause form poker. A lot of stuff were happening in my life. My last session was in friday morning. I managed to lost 2.5BI in a little more than 300 hands. And after couple days not playing poker, finally, i played session today. 4BI up in 400 hands. So it was really nice session.

Bankroll ATM: 96,99$
      Today: 8.21$

Also, won't be able to put big volume anymore, but i'll try to play at least two sessions a day. So, might even lower the hand count for August.

cheers.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Planned to play two sessions today, but it doesn't happened for me. Tried to play in the afternoon, but after playing several tens of hands, my pc crashed. I tilted a bit because of it, and wasn't in the mood to play anymore.

I was out to watch friendly football match today, in which Lithuania beat Armenia 3:0 :s_grin: So, i came back home with a very good mood to play, and were planning to play long session today. But only managed to play ~550 hands, because of a suck out on the end. I've been playing pretty good, asking myself, why I'm doing every move i did, etc.. But cards didn't fall for me. Biggest pot was 35BB, apart from that suckout, where i lost my whole stack. So, i'm 2.5BI down for the day.

Bankroll ATM: 91,85$
      Today: -5.11$

Also, this is my graph for this month. What do you think about my red line?

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Already played one session today, couple BI down. Just got back from training, will play one more session soon.

BTW, this dude is wining the life.

How sweet is that?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey my friend,

How is the Poker world treating you? Have you been studying much to go with all the playing? It's very important to keep an eye on your hand analysis too. With hard work, the good results will come your way.

All the best,
      Gary
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I try to study everyday. I re-read few articles everyday. Most of them, I've already red most of them couple of times. Now, I'm trying to watch Crushing NL50 series and reading Crushing NL50 articles in the same time. I mean, watch video, then read article. That really helps to fully understand concepts explained in the video. And I'm analyzing and posting hands form every session I play. I really try to improve. Thanks for caring :)