[NL2-NL10] NL2 Shorthanded KK vs fish.

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      First of villian donkbets a lot of flops and limps in very many hands, his stats are 58/7/0/5 VPIP/PFR/3BET/AF and 50% DonkFlop, and he doesn't like to fold hands.
      So I think he donk with draws, overcards and anypair. Since he does donk so much he can't be too too strong so I do a 50% raise to extract value on flop. Villian donks again and I don't really think his range changed here from what I put him on the flop, this time I just click back since pot will easily be big enough to shove river then, and I am shoving any river even 7d I think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($1.88)
      BB ($1.97)
      UTG ($0.38)
      MP ($3.34)
      Tryhardnoob (Button) ($2.10)

Preflop: Tryhardnoob is Button with K, K
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, Tryhardnoob bets $0.10, 2 folds, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23) 8, 9, 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.12, Tryhardnoob raises $0.35, MP calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.93) K (2 players)
      MP bets $0.30, Tryhardnoob raises $0.60, MP calls $0.30

River: ($2.13) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Tryhardnoob bets $1.05 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $2.13

Results:
      Tryhardnoob had K, K (full house, Kings over twos).
      Outcome: Tryhardnoob won $3.08

EDIT: I think It would be best if I raised to 70c on turn instead of 60c. Then pot would be 2.33 on river and I would only have to shove with 95c... I mean its probably nothing but it makes it look easier to call doesnt it?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tryhardnoob,

Flop: I do the idea of raising such a donker here. He just has so wide range where we could include a lot of draws/pairs etc type of hands. Most likely the raise is for value.
      Turn: But not the problem is that you just making way too small raise here, you are giving him perfect odds for a draw which I don't like it at all. As you don't have much left anyways and your raise is more than 1/2 of your stack then just ship it right here.

As played
      River: Nothing much to add. Very likely had a draw and we gave him great odds on turn to draw. :(

Best regards.