This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Shorthanded KK vs fish.

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      First of villian donkbets a lot of flops and limps in very many hands, his stats are 58/7/0/5 VPIP/PFR/3BET/AF and 50% DonkFlop, and he doesn't like to fold hands.
      So I think he donk with draws, overcards and anypair. Since he does donk so much he can't be too too strong so I do a 50% raise to extract value on flop. Villian donks again and I don't really think his range changed here from what I put him on the flop, this time I just click back since pot will easily be big enough to shove river then, and I am shoving any river even 7d I think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($1.88)
      BB ($1.97)
      UTG ($0.38)
      MP ($3.34)
      Tryhardnoob (Button) ($2.10)

Preflop: Tryhardnoob is Button with K, K
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, Tryhardnoob bets $0.10, 2 folds, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23) 8, 9, 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.12, Tryhardnoob raises $0.35, MP calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.93) K (2 players)
      MP bets $0.30, Tryhardnoob raises $0.60, MP calls $0.30

River: ($2.13) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Tryhardnoob bets $1.05 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $2.13

Results:
      Tryhardnoob had K, K (full house, Kings over twos).
      Outcome: Tryhardnoob won $3.08

EDIT: I think It would be best if I raised to 70c on turn instead of 60c. Then pot would be 2.33 on river and I would only have to shove with 95c... I mean its probably nothing but it makes it look easier to call doesnt it?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tryhardnoob,

Flop: I do the idea of raising such a donker here. He just has so wide range where we could include a lot of draws/pairs etc type of hands. Most likely the raise is for value.
      Turn: But not the problem is that you just making way too small raise here, you are giving him perfect odds for a draw which I don't like it at all. As you don't have much left anyways and your raise is more than 1/2 of your stack then just ship it right here.

As played
      River: Nothing much to add. Very likely had a draw and we gave him great odds on turn to draw. :(

Best regards.