This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Shorthanded FD+Guttshot SD vs 3 fish.

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($7.99)
      MP ($2)
      Tryhardnoob (CO) ($2.21)
      Button ($2.04)
      SB ($2.06)
      BB ($2.54)

Preflop: Tryhardnoob is CO with 10, 9
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Tryhardnoob calls $0.02, Button bets $0.06, 1 fold, BB calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04, Tryhardnoob calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.25) 6, 3, 3 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Tryhardnoob checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.25) 8 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Tryhardnoob bets $0.15, 3 folds

Total pot: $0.25

Results:
      Tryhardnoob had 10, 9.
      Outcome: Tryhardnoob won $0.39

All of them a high VPIP, BU got 45, BB got 41 and UTG got 82 and its all over 40 hands. It looks really weak for them to check on such drawyboard and I decide to stab it. I think this will be a good move against regs but against these fishy players it might not since they call too too much. Is this marginal? WWVD? (what would veris do?) :D
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tryhardnoob,

Preflop: Often with those hands I do even like to take the initiative while you even have position. But of course just limping in ain't a huge mistake.

As played
      Postflop: Wouldn't say it's very wrong. But if you take into account your investment preflop and now postlflop to take it down not a huge fan. While I expect sometimes them to even Call here with just K/A high. :D Rather isolate preflop. :) But of course with your outs it ain't a huge mistake while we might even count overcards+GS+FD for our outs.

Best regards.
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Ok so you prefer raise preflop i understand. But as played, postflop do you prefer me to just check it becuase of people wont fold so much?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by tryhardnoob
      Ok so you prefer raise preflop i understand. But as played, postflop do you prefer me to just check it becuase of people wont fold so much?
      Nope betting there is totally fine. :) We definitely have even fold equity.