[NL2-NL10] NL2 Shorthanded K9o iso raise vs fish from UTG but SB (fish) calls

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($1.42)
      BB ($2.76)
      UTG ($0.88)
      MP ($2.05)
      Tryhardnoob (Button) ($2.10)

Preflop: Tryhardnoob is Button with 9, K
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Tryhardnoob bets $0.08, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.26) J, 4, 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.02, 1 fold, Tryhardnoob calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.30) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Tryhardnoob checks

River: ($0.30) 10 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Tryhardnoob folds

Total pot: $0.30

Results:
      SB didn't show
      Outcome: SB won $0.53

Hello again! The main question about this hand is for me the preflop action. The player in UTG is playing 41/5/17 VPIP PFR 3BET (he has no positional awareness). The player in SB is playing 45/0/0. I think my iso raise is good cause my range is way ahead his (the guy in UTG) range, do you like it? Is it a big deal that SB is calling here? Do I want him in the pot or should I make iso raise bigger to give him a reason to not join us pre, even if I make it 12c I think SB still is calling though. However this might even be good since I want to play vs fish and then have 2fish OOP vs me. What are your thoughs? Raise bigger pre? 10c? or maybe even good as played?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tryhardnoob,

Preflop: If the people before you and after you are playing that loose then I am not a huge fan of isolating with such a hand. We can't really hit much with such a hand. Rather just fold it.

As played
      Postflop: Rather raise the flop donk-bet than Call it. You wont make him fold worse holdings or some weaker hands which beat you by just Calling.

Best regards.
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Did you really see that he only donk 2c on flop, i get great odds to call i only need 7% equity

And it does feel bit spewy to raise with no hand against a fish that will probably call with ATC

What Im saying is as played, do you really prefer raise his donk here on flop and why?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Did you really see that he only donk 2c on flop, i get great odds to call i only need 7% equity

Yes I did see. :) That's as well the reason why I would consider to raise such a small donk which indicates very often a weak hand.

And it does feel bit spewy to raise with no hand against a fish that will probably call with ATC
      What Im saying is as played, do you really prefer raise his donk here on flop and why?

Yep. For those reasons:
      - If he reraises you then you have an easy fold. So don't have to invest too much with your TP or go crazy when you do hit.
      - Very likely even have fold equity, don't have to raise it even too big. Has worked for me for longer time and will definitely work as well in future. It doesn't mean that if we raise that he is going to Call with any2. If he doesn't have a hand then he ain't gonna continue since we show strength with raising.
      - Also we might even get free showdown with the raise and free cards in case we even do hit we can still extract value.
      - What you gonna accomplish with calling? You don't even know what outs are clean outs for you. So practically I'd still prefer raising. With raising we at least make to fold some kind of Ax hand which now beats us.