This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 top pair + flush draw play

• oribken
      oribken
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.22
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $1.75
      MP2:
      $1.34
      MP3:
      $2.35
      CO:
      $2.84
      BU (Hero):
      $1.74
      SB:
      $0.55

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, K.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) K, 5, T (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.27) 4 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.26, Hero raises to $0.52, CO raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $1.63, CO calls $0.83.

River: ($3.53) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.53.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings(9 K).
      CO shows a full-house, fives full of kings(5 5).

CO wins with a full-house, fives full of kings(5 5).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello oribken,

Add to full stack.

Preflop: Not a huge fan of limping with such hands. Also if you wanting to play for stacks on such a board then rather just fold the hand. Or either way if you even want to play then rather isolate and maybe take down the pot right here.

As played
      Postflop: No point to raise on turn. Better hands will just 3bet you and get it in and most likely you will be far-far behind. Therefore, my line would be at the best to Call the turn and reevaluate it on river rather than Raise and go broke. Most likely even if I am raising then I'd rather consider folding to a raise since I don't expect to be far-far ahead here and at the best maybe we get a coinflip. But more likely we ain't doing such a play profitable.

Best regards.