[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR MP1 AQs

• giliNL
      Hey guys. Painful hand as it was the last one before my lunchbreak and just pissed away all my winnings for the morning sessions. Ah well.

Villain is fish, 59/9 with AF 1.0 BUT, a check/raise% of 20 on both the flop and the turn and he check/raised me earlier with air. His check/raise makes me think he either has air again, or a smaller ace. AA/AK is very unlikely. Of course his call is a bit worrying, but I still don't feel like he's strong.. maybe suited baby ace with a flush draw.

Basically just bad luck right? My read was good, he didn't have anything but a baby ace and the odds of the river helping him are tiny.

Blegh... :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.35) T, 2, A (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.96, UTG1 raises to $1.92, Hero calls $0.96.

Turn: ($5.19) 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $4.94, UTG1 calls $4.94.

River: ($15.07) 8 (2 players)
      UTG1 raises to $3.21(All-In), Hero calls $3.21.

Final Pot: $21.49.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A Q).
      UTG1 shows two pairs, aces and eights(A 8).

UTG1 wins with two pairs, aces and eights(A 8).
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello giliNL,

Even if you play it this way the problem is that I don't really see that he shoves with worse hands on river. If he really has some weaker hand then he rather would Check it since he can very likely expect us to have a made hand. I'd even consider to make a crying fold on river vs his line. We still save 1/3 of our stack.

But of course overall it ain't a huge mistake that you Call for the given odds.

Best regards.
    • giliNL
      Yeah I had the same thought, but then I thought he doesn't really know what he's doing so he might still think that a bluff there is correct, or just feel committed to the pot and decide to be aggressive, I don't know.

I almost folded because I felt bad about it, but given that it was like $3 into an $18 pot I couldn't make myself :)